how do I backup online properly?
I have a huge question to which no doubt are multiple answers.
How do I backup online properly?
Let me define what 'properly' means for me:
- I have several GB in many (10-20)thousands of files.
- I want incremental backups
- I don't want to have to put everything in the same designated folder but pick several folders from /home (if symbolic links to/from these would work, that's okay)
- I want it to happen automatically or deadly simple and fast
- I want to be able to reach my files from other computers.
What would be cool too:
- sharing files/folders publicly ones they are online.
What does it not mean?
- Taking hours to do some kind of index of all my files and then slowly start uploading them. S3fox seems to do this. Though I have not finished the experiment with it.
- Uploading all night every night. I like syncing to happen (almost) immediately when I change something.
- So far, it doesn't mean ubuntu-one, however sympathetic I am with ubuntu.
I don't mind paying a little money.
Should I use Jungledisk? Or Dropbox? Would this work smoothly with 20.000 files?
We seek to resolve frustration and abide in a comfortable, relaxed mind. We call that 'happiness'. And still I believe in that next upgrade...
--dell xps m1330 t9300 2.5ghz 4gb 320Gb Nvidia 8400m gs--
--lenovo w520 2720QM 8Gb Nvidia Quadro 1000