Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Safely Remove Pulseaudio?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Safely Remove Pulseaudio?

sudo dpkg --purge libcanberra-pulse pulseaudio pulseaudio-esound-compat pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-module-gconf pulseaudio-module-udev pulseaudio-module-x11 gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils pavucontrol
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove libcanberra-pulse which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove pulseaudio which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove pulseaudio-esound-compat which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove pulseaudio-module-bluetooth which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove pulseaudio-module-gconf which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove pulseaudio-module-udev which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove pulseaudio-module-x11 which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove pulseaudio-utils which isn't installed.
    dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove pavucontrol which isn't installed.
    asoundrc is there, but it includes only the position of .asoundrc.asoundconf. This file reads like this:

pcm.!default { type pulse }
    ctl.!default { type pulse }

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

martin@acer > find /etc/ -name "*alsa*" 2>/dev/null < ~
    /etc/apm/scripts.d/alsa
    /etc/apm/resume.d/20alsa
    /etc/apm/suspend.d/80alsa
    /etc/default/alsa
    /etc/init/alsa-mixer-save.conf
    /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf.dpkg-dist
    /etc/init.d/alsa-mixer-save
    and

martin@acer (1) > find /etc/ -name "*pulse*" 2>/dev/null < ~
    /etc/pulse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mgol View Post
    and check if any of found *alsa* files doesn't invoke PulseAudio in any way.
    What do you mean by this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by yadayada2 View Post
    asoundrc is there, but it includes only the position of .asoundrc.asoundconf. This file reads like this:
    OK, it seems to be the source of the problem, they obviously refer to PA. Is this a file in Your home directory? Then delete both .asoundrc and .asoundrc.asoundconf (You can move them to the backup directory if You don't want to risk). After a reboot it should work.
    Michał Gołębiowski
    Dell Latitude E6500: P8600 | Intel GMA 4500MHD | 15,4'' 1440x900 LED (matte) | 4GiB DDR2 | 233 GiB HDD 7200 rpm (with Free Fall Sensor).
    Jabber ID: mgol /at/ jabster.pl - let me write in within my profile details, please!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am sorry to say, but it still doesn' work. For now I will call it a night and try again tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help.

Beans
    Distro

I'm out of ideas. Thos .asoundrc files suggest non-standard configuration (by default those files are not created). I believe with default installation everything should work properly. Maybe try to remember what You edited in the past and look into those files - I believe You have pulse entries written there.
    Michał Gołębiowski
    Dell Latitude E6500: P8600 | Intel GMA 4500MHD | 15,4'' 1440x900 LED (matte) | 4GiB DDR2 | 233 GiB HDD 7200 rpm (with Free Fall Sensor).
    Jabber ID: mgol /at/ jabster.pl - let me write in within my profile details, please!

Beans

Actually, there is no sound properties in the "System" menu. What you have to do is adding the volume control applet to the panel, right-click on it, and selecting "Open volume control". Here is the sound properties dialog. Now, try to change the switches and sliders, specially those in the "Recording" tab, and see if you can record from the microphone. Some cards have also a switch called "Mic record" on the "Switches" tab.
    God Bless You

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by teamanx View Post
    Atry to change the switches and sliders, specially those in the "Recording" tab, and see if you can record from the microphone.
    I doubt it'll help as he still has some PulseAudio junk in his OS...
    Michał Gołębiowski

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@teamanx: Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Do you have more hints how to narrow down what's causing the problem?

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast