Thread: UNR 9.10 - classic desktop mode

Hybrid View

Beans

UNR 9.10 - classic desktop mode

Hello,
    since I have installed UNR 9.10 version I can not find a way to switch into "classic mode" desktop. I am aware of the fact that desktop switcher application (which was responsible for this oprion in 9.04) is not included into 9.10 because of some technical problems. So, my question is: what exactly should be done in order to get classic gnome desktop mode in UNR 9.10? Or, to be more specific: what packages should be removed/added and what changes in startup procedure should be performed?

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: UNR 9.10 - classic desktop mode

Hello,

I had a similar problem. For some reason i got netbook remix when upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10. Dont know how.. And i didnt succeed to switch to classic. Instead I did mess things up so I dont even have any menus anymore. Can someone advice how to get classic desktop mode through command line?

Thanks alot for your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

From the login screen.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    From the login screen.
    Obviously it does not work (I log in into GNOME session).

Beans

i too can't stand this horrible mess of a desktop, in the old release I knew quite a few people who had the NBR but I never met anyone who didn't change it into the classic desktop mode.

personally I never had any problems with the classic desktop in jaunty and just presumed it would still be here in karmic.

someone help us please!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Try

System > Start-up > Netbook Launcher > double click on then (dissable by changing command to xxnetbook-launcher)
    reboot and add to panels what you want.

E Holly

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lett View Post
    Hello,
    since I have installed UNR 9.10 version I can not find a way to switch into "classic mode" desktop. I am aware of the fact that desktop switcher application (which was responsible for this oprion in 9.04) is not included into 9.10 because of some technical problems. So, my question is: what exactly should be done in order to get classic gnome desktop mode in UNR 9.10? Or, to be more specific: what packages should be removed/added and what changes in startup procedure should be performed?

Thanks in advance
    Here the solution in spanish or translate.

http://www.ubuntu-es.org/?q=node/116488#comment-340069