Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UNR 9.10 - classic desktop mode

Beans

UNR 9.10 - classic desktop mode

Hello,
    since I have installed UNR 9.10 version I can not find a way to switch into "classic mode" desktop. I am aware of the fact that desktop switcher application (which was responsible for this oprion in 9.04) is not included into 9.10 because of some technical problems. So, my question is: what exactly should be done in order to get classic gnome desktop mode in UNR 9.10? Or, to be more specific: what packages should be removed/added and what changes in startup procedure should be performed?

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: UNR 9.10 - classic desktop mode

Hello,

I had a similar problem. For some reason i got netbook remix when upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10. Dont know how.. And i didnt succeed to switch to classic. Instead I did mess things up so I dont even have any menus anymore. Can someone advice how to get classic desktop mode through command line?

Thanks alot for your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

From the login screen.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    From the login screen.
    Obviously it does not work (I log in into GNOME session).

Beans

i too can't stand this horrible mess of a desktop, in the old release I knew quite a few people who had the NBR but I never met anyone who didn't change it into the classic desktop mode.

personally I never had any problems with the classic desktop in jaunty and just presumed it would still be here in karmic.

someone help us please!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Try

System > Start-up > Netbook Launcher > double click on then (dissable by changing command to xxnetbook-launcher)
    reboot and add to panels what you want.

E Holly

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lett View Post
    Hello,
    since I have installed UNR 9.10 version I can not find a way to switch into "classic mode" desktop. I am aware of the fact that desktop switcher application (which was responsible for this oprion in 9.04) is not included into 9.10 because of some technical problems. So, my question is: what exactly should be done in order to get classic gnome desktop mode in UNR 9.10? Or, to be more specific: what packages should be removed/added and what changes in startup procedure should be performed?

Thanks in advance
    Here the solution in spanish or translate.

http://www.ubuntu-es.org/?q=node/116488#comment-340069

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eholly View Post
    Try

System > Start-up > Netbook Launcher > double click on then (dissable by changing command to xxnetbook-launcher)
    reboot and add to panels what you want.

E Holly
    I found out this just a couple of minutes ago, so that I got a most 'friendly' desktop (without such big icons covering the whole screen)
    However what I can not yet fix is how to allow the right-button of the mouse to show a menu through which the possibility to create short-cuts to applications or to place archives in the desktop is available.
    Thanks for any help on this
    Manuel

Beans

Hi, I have found and successfully tried out solution of this problem - below is the link:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1308792

It is not a perfect solution: now I do not have gnome desktop icons. It seems that default UNR configuration does not contain some GNOME packages. The question is: which ones?

Beans

I have an Acer Aspire One.

I installed 9.10 directly from the updater

i have the standard desktop running.

I don't know how.

I was running the desktop mode in 9.04 so i assumed it just mimiced my settings like it did with everything else.

Everything works fine and out of the box.

I'll gladly give screenshots or do anything i can to help.

I only googled this topic as i noticed the switcher was no longer avalible and i wanted to see what the UNR thingy looked like

i activated by making it a startup application and just rebooted to see it.

I still have the grey bars on the top and bottom so i just disabled it again.

But yeah, everything works fine for me

P.S count this as my introduction too

oh wait

my battery counter says my charger is still plugged in and my battery is 100%

thats the only problem
    Last edited by Geopon; November 5th, 2009 at 08:15 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast