Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7? Nah.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Windows 7? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppipolla View Post
    hahahahahahahaha! xD
    That's funny coming from an OS with a bloated compositor and demands to run many useless daemons in the background for the use of polling for "things" that may never be connected.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    That's funny coming from an OS with a bloated compositor and demands to run many useless daemons in the background for the use of polling for "things" that may never be connected.
    none of that matters when it squeezes this much out of hardware...
    Registered Ubuntu user #28880

Beans
    Hidden!

none of that matters when it squeezes this much out of hardware...
    It matters greatly. Older computers don't have bluetooth, so why does it run the daemon?

Beans

It matters greatly. Older computers don't have bluetooth, so why does it run the daemon?
    and why did Windows throw such a strop when it was hardly doing anything? Come on man I still stand by what I said that what REALLY, REALLY matters, when all is said and done... is results.

Beans
    Hidden!

and why did Windows throw such a strop when it was hardly doing anything? Come on man I still stand by what I said that what REALLY, REALLY matters, when all is said and done... is results.
    And Microsoft delivered. Ubuntu is still considered a flop by even the aficionados.

Oh, and for your old hardware statement: That's false in terms of Ubuntu. It chugs on older hardware, and 7 beats performance of Ubuntu on all of my computers.

Beans

And Microsoft delivered. Ubuntu is still considered a flop by even the aficionados.

Oh, and for your old hardware statement: That's false in terms of Ubuntu. It chugs on older hardware, and 7 beats performance of Ubuntu on all of my computers.
    I'll wait until I see any evidence (from somebody other than you!!) to confirm or even HINT at that!

I have always had blindingly fast performance and amazing response times from Linux, it has always coped better than Windows.

But whateverrrr man! I don't think this argument will ever end ._.

and I love Ubuntu and it's way, way off a flop - it's wicked

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'll wait until I see any evidence (from somebody other than you!!) to confirm or even HINT at that!

I have always had blindingly fast performance and amazing response times from Linux, it has always coped better than Windows.

But whateverrrr man! I don't think this argument will ever end ._.

and I love Ubuntu and it's way, way off a flop - it's wicked
    W7 runs as fast as Karmic on my netbook, but I only bought it for the chuckles and the student upgrade price.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

blah blah blah. Ubuntu and linux suffer because of drivers that are reverse engineered and made by third parties and windows and mac just work because of drivers that are made by the hardware manufacturers or resellers themselves.

gee i wonder which OS is going to perform better.

With that said, Ubuntu karmic was a flawless install on my computer, I switched from arch linux because they decided to push a buggy gnome update that crashes your session back to the login screen every 5 minutes cause it spawns on the wrong tty, and they updated cups with a new cups.conf syntax so printing didn't work, and absolutely nothing was integrated (firefox did not know how to handle any types of extensions,), etc etc

Ubuntu is nice if the hardware is supported. Thats the blanket statement that can be made about any linux OS. Windows 7 is very nice too, but it still isn't perfect. But then again, compare the amount of people working on windows vs ubuntu. No duh one is better.

EDIT; Why are people like flak dedicating their time to shooting down people? you don't like linux or ubuntu, why have you been on these forums for at least a couple years and continue to visit? *scratches head*
    Last edited by Polygon; November 8th, 2009 at 12:18 AM.
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans

I set my point that Windows is doing better than Linux in market share and innovations wise for keeping performance as efficient as possible.
    Question, if you truly believe this; why frequent a Linux orientated forum? There normally is (by default) a big distaste for Windows on Linux forums.
    To me it seems like an inherently illogical thing to do.

If I was to frequent a Windows based forum and post consistently in favour of Linux based on my own experiences, I'd expect to be flamed. Badly.
    BTW this is not a shot at you.
    Last edited by Zoot7; November 8th, 2009 at 12:35 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot7 View Post
    Question, if you truly believe this; why frequent a Linux orientated forum? There normally is (by default) a big distaste for Windows on Linux forums.
    Yeah I've wondered this before as well!

You don't really seem to like Linux OR Ubuntu that much Frak!!

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast