Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound problem with 9.10

Beans

Re: Sound problem with 9.10

hmmm, by digging old threads, I found that the root cause for me is that my E-MU 0404 USB has a default sample rate of 48KHz while PulseAudio has that set to 44.1KHz.

I know for sure that E-MU 0404 USB supports 44.1KHz, but somehow they two failed to talk to each other...

I modified default sample rate in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf to 48 and solved the problem.

Beans

well hang in there, hopefully someone will come along with the answer. -- like ZeeGee

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeGee View Post
    hmmm, by digging old threads, I found that the root cause for me is that my E-MU 0404 USB has a default sample rate of 48KHz while PulseAudio has that set to 44.1KHz.

I know for sure that E-MU 0404 USB supports 44.1KHz, but somehow they two failed to talk to each other...

I modified default sample rate in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf to 48 and solved the problem.

Sadly this did not work for me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have an Audigy 2 sound card and tried the recommended things above --" power_save=10 " and simply change the 10 to 0 thus yielding: power_save=0" -- It was all to no avail. I still had the irritating static/crackle.

This is what I did that was successful to get rid of the static: I went into the BIOS and disabled the on board audio. Everything sounds clear now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by m0rbidpercepti0ns View Post
    Ok so ive just updated from 9.04 to 9.10. in 9.04 my sound was messed up,i use an Audigy2 card. I finally got it to work by clicking digital input/output box on under sound settings,although i could hardly hear sound over the crackling and popping that i wasnt ever able to fix. So ive just updated,hoping to see improvements,and although i dont hear idle popping and crackling,my sound no longer works whatsoever. Ive searched the forums,and no one seems to have the same problem,yet at least. Also ive poked around in sound preferences and settings,and i havent been able to find anything helpful.If anyone has any ideas,or theres any information i can provide to help you help me,please let me know,thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to help

i have the exact same problem. tried fixing the sound popping problem and then all my audio stopped working. could you explain more how you fixed this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12