Thread: I failed LOL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I failed LOL

Today I did one of the dumbest things anyone can do on Ubuntu.I am a laptop user and I accidentally disabled my touchpad,LOL.I was freaking out until I remembered that I had a mouse in my drawer,otherwise I would have had to reinstall Ubuntu because my enable/disable button doesn't work on Ubuntu.

Beans

Re: I failed LOL

You could of tried to repair it with the LiveCD. The live CD is one of the BEST recovery tools/fixing tools out there!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles18 View Post
    Today I did one of the dumbest things anyone can do on Ubuntu.I am a laptop user and I accidentally disabled my touchpad,LOL.I was freaking out until I remembered that I had a mouse in my drawer,otherwise I would have had to reinstall Ubuntu because my enable/disable button doesn't work on Ubuntu.
    Can't you just tab/shift-tab around until you get to the option? I used to have to do that with an old Windows 95 rig we didn't have a mouse to for some reason.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PhoHammer View Post
    Can't you just tab/shift-tab around until you get to the option? I used to have to do that with an old Windows 95 rig we didn't have a mouse to for some reason.
    My thoughts exactly. Or I think fixing from the commandline would also be possible.
    Full time open source software developer. Projects:
    Wakame-vdc: Virtual data center. Community: Wakame Users Group
    OpenVNet: Virtual networking using OpenFlow
    Sinatra-browse: Parameter declaration framework and browsable API for ruby Sinatra.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Oh,I think I forgot to mention that I'm a new Ubuntu user.I've only been using it for about 2 months.