Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Thanks. I have been looking for an equalizer for Ubuntu for a while now. This does everything I need and quite well.

The only gripe, and a minor one, is that every change regardless of if the equalizer is enabled, causes the audio to cut out for a sec. Maybe you could find a way to only make changes when the apply button is hit?

Thanks again.

Beans

Thanks for a great equaliser !

I was having some problems to begin with so I read through this entire thread to see if anyone else had them and what could be done about them.
    The funny thing is that I happened to experience almost all of the problems in this thread !
    The only one that I dealt with was the volume level that was out of sync with my global controller, when using the volume control the volume level would drop dramatically, this was easy to put right by following the good advice.
    All the others including, scratchy sounds when adjusting volume control, clipping, not saving volume level between tracks, volume level not being remembered on re-boot etc they all 'fixed themselves' after lowering the slider levels and fine tuning for my system.

I first thought that having such a huge scale for each slider would be way too much for the simple soundcard in my old laptop and I was partly correct but as I played with it more and more I realised that the Pre-Amp control has way more than enough 'gain'. Once I turned it down to 1.2, I found it more than sufficient and I could then get a better balance when also reducing the the EQ sliders into the negative range, reducing Pre-Amp level to 1 meant that I could actually increase some of the EQ sliders a fraction into the positive range without problems.

So I have a some suggestions for improvements;

1. Give the Pre-Amp control a minus or negative range maybe down to -1.0 that would allow the equaliser sliders to actually add db in the required ranges and reduce the maximum Pre-Amp gain to +1.5
    2. The EQ ranges could also be reduced, plus or minus 30db is way too much range, half of that would be adequate.
    3. Please Please Please try to remove the need to click 'Apply Settings' it is very annoying and makes fine tuning very difficult.
    4. Or better still, tell me how to re-set these ranges myself, I am a noob so try to use words and phrases I can understand.
    Last edited by Indigo340; December 22nd, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

FYI, I found a post explaining a bit about the Partial Dist. Upgrade I experienced after adding the Ubuntu Audio Dev ppa to my sources and running Update Manager.

Here is the link to that post in case someone else experienced this.

The EQ and Pulseaudio are working fine though.

Cheers,
    brook
    ...some helpful links for Ubuntu newbies:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

This is really great, now I get better sound quality on my laptop. A question, I am having a bit problem with adobe-flashplugin in browsers, it doesn't use PulseAudio Equalizer. how can I configure it to use PulseAudio Equalizer and not the Internes Audio Anlog Stereo?? Here my Audio Setting window.

screenshot_003.png

Beans

Just thanks, you did it!

Hope it will be included by default in lucid lynx !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey psyke83,

I just upgraded to rhythmbox - 0.12.6-0ubuntu1 on Karmic and I don't hear that popping/skipping sound anymore when adjusting the volume with the mouse wheel.

Just thought I'd let you know. The changelog for Rhythmbox is here but I was working on a podcast glitch and found this changlog at launchpad which says something about fixing:
    499051 - xfade backend doesn't play nice with LADSPA filters

Maybe that was the trick? Anyhow, thanks again for this awesome EQ.

Merry Christmas,
    brook

ps - just played Rhythmbox for an hour, popping sound came back (after listening to a podcast) when adjusting volume with mouse wheel, restarted rhythmbox, and no popping when adjusting volume. seems like the poppins starts after rhythmbox has been playing a while??? ...after a couple of more hours just listening to music, no popping still!
    Last edited by brookie; December 23rd, 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: sp2
    ...some helpful links for Ubuntu newbies:

Beans

You sir, are an officer, a gentleman, a saint and a scholar.

I am going to begin taking up a collection to erect some classical statuary in your honor...

This really puts the cherry on the sundae of Karmic Koala for me; just outstanding, also...Merry Christmas to me!

Cheers
    Last edited by promet; December 24th, 2009 at 09:09 AM.
    HUZZAH UBUNTU, HUZZAH!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have a problem with this.

When I listen music I hear all the time a weird "popping" noise...
    I use the rock preset, and my preamp is 1.0x
    I have tried this with al lot of songs, but i still hear the "popping" noise all the time.
    p.s. the music i listen is rock/metal

Does somone have a solution for this problem?

(sorry if my English is not so good...)
    Last edited by jorrieboy; December 25th, 2009 at 10:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

this solutions really rocks! thanks so much!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello psyke83, thank you very much for sharing this man, really really great work!

Please, which is the license of it?

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast