Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse clicks not working properly after upgrade to 9.10 / Karmic

Beans

Mouse clicks not working properly after upgrade to 9.10 / Karmic

It only started happening right after I upgraded to 9.10 (I upgraded from the previous release to the latest using Update Manager.)

Basically, whenever I click something, say, a link on a web page, a program running in the gnome-panel, the "Applications", etc menus.. doesn't matter where or what I click.. it seems the mouse click usually doesn't register. Sometimes it works the first click, sometimes it takes 3 clicks. This problem only started after I upgraded, and the mouse works fine with other operating systems, and other computers completely.

Any help would be great

Beans

Re: Mouse clicks not working properly after upgrade to 9.10 / Karmic

Im getting the exact same problem!

Beans

My mouse does not even work at all. It stays frozen in one place on my screen. Any help on that?

Beans

I'm seeing the exact same thing. It seems to register the "down" part of the click, but then the button doesn't get clicked.

Sometimes hitting enter or Alt+<letter> works, but sometimes that doesn't work either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Since upgrading to 9.10 Karmic final release I lost the side button providing the "back page" in Firefox and Nautilus. Problem had not been noticed on 9.10 alpha and RC.

Beans

I'm also seeing failed mouse clicks. This seems to occur on many aspects of the system. Eclipse, firefox, flash, thunderbird, titlebars, system menus, etc. Also, I'm occasionally gettign a drag event for a single click for which I haven't moved the mouse. I've read lots of stuff about gtk and flash / eclipse. But I'm seeing this behavior all over the place. Any help?

Beans

The same for me. I was thinking my batteries were dying. Everything works fine if I use the spacebar to "click", but the mouse button not working is getting annoying.

Beans

I have the same problem. Mouse clicks on buttons in certain applications ( I believe only those using qt) do not work. For me Eclipse and Spyder. Any ideas how to find the cause of this problem.

Beans

I was having the same problems, at first I tried playing with acpi settings msi and all those other menu.lst options with no luck. I could move the mouse cursor and click but the clicks would randomly stop working and sometimes I could click on one window but not another, etc. My machine would also freeze up after too much time with many windows open. Finally I looked up my mouse (Logitech MX1000) and Ubuntu. I found the xorg.conf settings that work for my type of mouse and my problems seem to be gone! I thought my whole USB controller was the problem or perhaps my IRQ settings, but it was actually quite simple.

Here is what I added to the bottom of my xorg.conf file (in /etc/X11/xorg.conf):

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Logitech MX1000"

Driver "evdev"

Option "Name" "Logitech USB Receiver"

Option "HWHEELRelativeAxisButtons" "7 6"

EndSection

Note that this only seemed to work with MY mouse. You must find a solution for your OWN type of mouse. Just goes to show that even just having the wrong mouse settings can crash your whole machine in really funky ways.

Beans

One extra note for the solution listed above is that you need to have evdev on your machine. To install enter the following in your console:

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evdev

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast