Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.10 shouldn't have been released yet.

Beans

9.10 shouldn't have been released yet.

9.10 got rushed out and it shows it rather badly.

Sound is a totally mess for most and even when it does find the sound card you get echoing and popping.

Video is also badly messed up for most to the point where it wont let you change anything about your display.

Now where not talking the end world here but this is just a example of some of the many bugs still in it.

This is stuff that's not suppose to be in a final version of a product as ms showed with vista.

At least it hasn't told me its going to take 30,000 to transfer a file...lol.

I may not be a linux guru but my friend is and he lives and breaths for this stuff and when he wondering what the heck they were thinking is not a good sign.

A couple of more weeks or months should have been taken to iron out the bugs before realising 9.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: 9.10 shouldn't have been released yet.

Ubuntu is released every 6 months, and it's going to stay that way I'm afraid.

I think this might be moved to reoccurring discussions.
    I'm currently creating a website about ubuntu. Check it out here.

Annoyed by ads on Grooveshark? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JdUFN-yorY
    The un-official Grooveshark Desktop App! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FRZgpOLDRw

Beans

Iam all for putting a product out on a timetable but not before its done.

EA puts out games before they are bug free and has a reputation that's a joke these days.
    When your game needs 18 patches just to fix all the bugs its not a good thing.

The other-side of this is ID which doesn't release a game until its as bug free as they can make it and the game just plain runs.

Its not about how quick you get something out its about the guilty of the product you put out.

This didn't do ubuntu any good and killed off any joy in in getting a new os.

They have gotten caught up in the must get it out now deadline game.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by magnus33 View Post
    9.10 got rushed out and it shows it rather badly.

Sound is a totally mess for most and even when it does find the sound card you get echoing and popping.

Video is also badly messed up for most to the point where it wont let you change anything about your display.

Now where not talking the end world here but this is just a example of some of the many bugs still in it.

This is stuff that's not suppose to be in a final version of a product as ms showed with vista.

At least it hasn't told me its going to take 30,000 to transfer a file...lol.

I may not be a linux guru but my friend is and he lives and breaths for this stuff and when he wondering what the heck they were thinking is not a good sign.

A couple of more weeks or months should have been taken to iron out the bugs before realising 9.10.
    I have got 9.10 on 3 PCs right now and it has been peerless. 100% perfect. What hardware are you running this on?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

My upgrade went as smooth as silk and nothing so far is broken.
    "Not a window in the house but somehow there's more light..."

Linux Power Tools

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Where did the OP get his information that "most" users are suffering problems with audio and video playback? Can he provide links to his sources? Or is he just making it up as he goes along?
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.10 Wily Werewolf

have you read through Daniel T Chen's (one of the ubuntu dev's) tips for karmic sound
    http://drowninginbugs.blogspot.com/2...io-in-910.html

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I've had problems with the network manager, but audio and video are absolutely flawless.
    Microsoft's crimes - Ubuntu CE - Windows 7 sins

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOtaku View Post
    No no, I won't indulge your superiority complex... But if you'd like to tell me something you're passionate about, I'd love the chance to belittle it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

100% perfect on the 2 boxes in my sig...plus 2 less worthy ones lol..
    FIC K8-800T AMD64 3200+ 2GB PC3200 GeForce 6800GT Mandriva 2010 KDE+Compiz+Emerald
    MSI K9N2GM AMD 9950BE 4GB DDR2-800 GeForce 8200 10.10 WUSB600N
    Acer 6920 Core 2 Duo 4GB GeForce 9500GS 10.04 Ubuntu User #17586

Beans

I agree with OP, lost my sound on upgrade, and then the whole os took a dump and I couldn't even start, got to the cmd line log in screen, and the system just flashed wildly 3-4 times a second and could do nothing. Was able to use recover config to get in, but thought i'd better just install a fresh copy.

Did so.

No sound still.

SB Audigy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast