Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ubuntu 9.10 - the vpn connection 'xxx' failed because there were no valid vpn secrets

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 9.10 - the vpn connection 'xxx' failed because there were no valid vpn sec

Hello to you,

I have done what was advised and I got connected but I can't believe that's the solution !
    I'm using VPNC for connecting to my corporate network. We're using RSA SecureID tokens and have unique pins.

First of all I managed to get myself connected using pure terminal. I invoke a command, it asks me for user name and password and I'm in.

I tried to make it more user friendly and I installed a Cisco plugin for Gnome Network Manager.
    I imported PCF file but I could not connect, It was not even asking me for user name and password just giving me an error as in the subject.

Turning point was when I actually put my user name, my PIN and current code from the token and tried to connect.
    This time it did connect successfully so it works.

BUT THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION.

Could anyone advise what config/ software combination one uses to connect to VPN ?
    I'm not going to edit VPN profile each time I want to connect, it is just TOO MUCH hassle.

Ideally I wish to just click on the profile, click connect, put my user name and password and I'm in.

At the moment, I need to edit profile, put my passcode and quickly save and connect before password change on the token. NOT very user friendly.

Please advise, maybe I should use different network manager ?

VPNC VPN Configuration - This setup works connecting to an ASA5510 - software version 8.2(1). I didn't have any other Cisco devices to test against.

a. Create new VPNC connection

• set connection name
    • set Gateway
    • set Group Name
    • set User Password to "Saved" and enter password -!?!?!
    • set Group Password to "Saved" and enter password - ?!?!?!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 9.10 - the vpn connection 'xxx' failed because there were no valid vpn sec

Dear all fellows,

i have installed Linux i.e ubuntu 10.04 on my PC in which i have installed pptp client and able to connect it successfully but problem is that it unable to browse internet. in windows it works fine.
    Kindly help me out.
    Regard,
    Syed Zaigham Ali.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234