Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KUbuntu Karmic has got something new

Beans
    Hidden!

KUbuntu Karmic has got something new

Compared to previous released , there are something new , like beautiful air themed installer , open office kde integration , firefox installer, easy codec installer in amarok , ayatana notification etc . Eventhough the xsplash , Ubuntu one etc are not present the kUbuntu , I like to appreciate the KUBUNTU devs for their hard work .

Beans

Re: KUbuntu Karmic has got something new

Explain that xsplash part again. It's in Ubuntu but not Kubuntu? What does it do?
    The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Explain that xsplash part again. It's in Ubuntu but not Kubuntu? What does it do?
    xsplash isn't installed in kubuntu, this is because kubuntu didn't get any xsplash artwork.

It provides a bootsplash screen that can do graphic intensive effects unlike usplash, as xsplash sits on x.
    Last edited by coldReactive; October 30th, 2009 at 03:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Did you get ayatana notifications working properly? I still get those job notifications one above the other. BTW, I can't find the Settings menu where you can change to ayatana anymore, where is it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I also don't get why sabily gets xsplash artwork, but kubuntu doesn't.

Beans

To be honest because I've just done a gradual upgrade from Jaunty I never really noticed all this stuff. KDE 4.3.2 and it's associated apps obviously bring many, many improvements though, and that's cool if you have noticed quite a few differences

Personally I think we will see Kubuntu receive more and more TLC the better KDE 4 becomes
    Registered Ubuntu user #28880

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by hoppipolla View Post
    Personally I think we will see Kubuntu receive more and more TLC the better KDE 4 becomes
    But with barely any kde4 themes I like on kde-look, that's hard to believe. (I'm a fan of the color purple, but no purple themes exist for kde4.)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    But with barely any kde4 themes I like on kde-look, that's hard to believe. (I'm a fan of the color purple, but no purple themes exist for kde4.)
    er.. what? what do your themeing preferences have anything with how kubuntu gets treated?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Islington View Post
    er.. what? what do your themeing preferences have anything with how kubuntu gets treated?
    I'm at least glad Kubuntu has the option to colorize icons. If it wasn't for that, I'd hate Kubuntu a bit.

Beans

In the RC there was a Kubuntu menu icon available, but it used the Kmenu icon by default. I was waiting for some Kubuntu to show up in the KDE4 releases.

I was going to use Kubuntu for this release, as it is quite fantastic. I decided last minute to stick with Gnome. It fits my needs and tastes much better.

Overall Kubuntu was fast and stable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast