Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.10 SATA install issue

Beans

9.10 SATA install issue

I have a Dell OptiPlex 960. It has a built-in Intel SATA RAID controller. I also have two SATA drives connected to the controller. I have the controller set to Legacy in the BIOS. This allows me to see both drives as sda and sdb. This works well for 9.04 because I do not want RAID.

I just started up the 9.10 install. When it gets to the partitioning screen I only see the drives configured as RAID. I rebooted and chose the nodmraid boot option. Now when I get to the partitioning step I do not see any drives listed. I can view the messages file and see that dmraid was not enabled and I also see both drives listed.

My goal is to install 9.10 in a non-RAID configuration. Anyone got any ideas as to why the drives are not showing up with nodmraid as a boot option?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: 9.10 SATA install issue

Can you see the drives if you select manually configure partitions? This is the final release?

Beans

With the nodmraid option all of the buttons except Back are grayed out. I can't do anything except exit the install.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

And without that option?

Beans

Without the nodmraid option, and manually partition I see the following device listed:

/dev/mapper/isw_dehdjachff_ARRAY

If I try to add a new partition, a window pops up asking if I really want to partition the whole device.

Forgot to mention it is the final release.

Beans

any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!

Same problem here.
    I have a Asus P5K mainboard.
    Sata controller set to advanced -> ahci, thus NO RAID configured.
    If I start the installer without any option, I see my first two disks collected together in a similar manner to how naaron sees them.
    If I start the installer with nodmraid option activated, the installer itself will not see my first two hard disks at all.
    If I go to System->Administration-> Disk Utility / Gparted, I can clearly see my two disks with their internal partitions, in a normal way. This seems just an installer issue.

Thanks for any help

Luca

Beans

I also have the same problem. Trying to figure it out.

Beans
    Hidden!

Up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs down Re: 9.10 SATA install issue

Hi everybody, I have a similar issue with Kubuntu, which I described here:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3107470.0

There are other hard drives detection problems related threads on kubuntuforums like:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3107366.0

I have tried the different options in my BIOS with no success. With the live CD, I have noticed that fdisk detect correctly my drives and partitions but I cannot mount them. Dolphin does not display them, though it did in previous live CDs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast