Thread: Conky

Beans

Conky

Gnome, Karmic.

Conky periodically kills itself, without notice. anyone encountered such a thing?

Beans

Re: Conky

Do you get useful output if you run conky with a terminal (and wait for it to happen)? Is total_run_times set to 0 (meaning: run forever)? Is conky really dead or is it secretly running but not shown on screen (check with "ps -ef | grep -i [c]onky" )? If the latter is the case, you may have to uncheck the "skip hide taskbar windows" checkbox in compiz > general options. Post your config if the problem persists.
    Last edited by VCoolio; October 29th, 2009 at 12:51 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VCoolio View Post
    Do you get useful output if you run conky with a terminal (and wait for it to happen)? Is total_run_times set to 0 (meaning: run forever)? Is conky really dead or is it secretly running but not shown on screen (check with "ps -ef | grep -i [c]onky" )? If the latter is the case, you may have to uncheck the "skip hide taskbar windows" checkbox in compiz > general options. Post your config if the problem persists.
    it is really dead, as I get nothing with "killall conky". It usually (or always) dies when my internet connection is interrupted (wireless), must have something to do with the fact conky monitors it. Nothing on terminal even if I used terminal to start conky with and left open, did indeed die, but nothing showed.

unchecking the compiz option would annoy me when switching workstations, I'd rather just activating conky again.

I do get this when starting conky in termnial, may help?

jeff@jeff-laptop:~$ conky
    Conky: /home/jeff/.conkyrc: 11: config file error
    Conky: border_margin is deprecated, please use window.border_inner_margin instead
    Conky: use_spacer should have an argument of left, right, or none. 'yes' seems to be some form of 'true', so defaulting to right.
    Conky: one or more $endif's are missing
    Conky: forked to background, pid is 7755
    jeff@jeff-laptop:~$
    Conky: desktop window (20000c9) is subwindow of root window (13f)
    Conky: window type - override
    Conky: drawing to created window (0x5a00001)
    Conky: drawing to double buffer

Beans

Well, if it´s about interaction with wireless I'm no use. Maybe it helps if you configure conky to monitor internet connection only if it's up, or do you do that already? Also, ask in the big conky screenshots thread in the cafe section and again, post your conkyrc with it. In this case the issue may not be in there, but still.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Im actually having the same problem, i dont want to bloat the post but will link to my post on a prior thread.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...83#post8208683

It appears other users are having similar issues as well.
    ---
    ....this message will self destruct