Thread: 300N-XR USB wireless issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

300N-XR USB wireless issues

Hello,

Situation in Ubuntu 9.04:
    I have a connection. Can connect to the internet fine, etc. But when I transfer files (locally/LAN) I can only get something like a 20,8 Mbit/s speed (2,6 MB/s). So it doesn't use the N-standard (802.11n). In Vista I can get something like 10 MB/sec (thus there it uses the N-standard).

For tomorrow, when Ubuntu 9.10 is out:
    Situation in the beta version of Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala), I tried a few days ago:
    I get not a Sitecom driver, like in 9.04, but a 'Ralink' driver, with which I cannot establish a connection with my router. Though I do see some SSID's, though not the one I want; manually entering that does not help much...

Tomorrow I would like to try 9.10 (Karmic Koala) again... So I hope I then can connect...and with the N-standard even...

I also got weird characters in the connections menu, with Karmic Koala... So I thought maybe my install CD was bad... But I checked it with ImgBurn, and it said it should be okay...

Is there anyone who can tell me something about these issues?

Much thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro

Re: 300N-XR USB wireless issues

Tried final version of Ubuntu 9.10, but still can't make a wireless connection!

The driver used is 'Ralink 802.11n'.

Beans
    Distro

I'm really disappointed. But this was to be expected...

Ndiswrapper?: Can't get the INF/SYS files... Tried wine, executing the Setup.exe, but that fails at the end...

Beans
    Distro

Got the internal wireless device (a Broadcom) working though. But that's only 54 Mbps... (not 802.11n)