Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Empathy MSN Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Angry Empathy MSN Problem

I just installed the Karmic RC and I'm having trouble connecting to MSN with Empathy. Whenever I try to connect I get an error message saying simply "Network Error". I am certain I am using the correct login information.
    If it helps, I could connect to MSN with Pidgin, but only using 'HTTP Method', which Empathy doesn't appear to have.
    I have a hunch that the cause of these problems may be something to do with my MSN address being "@fsmail.net" as opposed to "@hotmail.com" or "@hotmail.co.uk".
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Empathy MSN Problem

Quote Originally Posted by jzraikes View Post
    I just installed the Karmic RC and I'm having trouble connecting to MSN with Empathy. Whenever I try to connect I get an error message saying simply "Network Error". I am certain I am using the correct login information.
    If it helps, I could connect to MSN with Pidgin, but only using 'HTTP Method', which Empathy doesn't appear to have.
    I have a hunch that the cause of these problems may be something to do with my MSN address being "@fsmail.net" as opposed to "@hotmail.com" or "@hotmail.co.uk".
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, I was having some problems with Empathy as well. I still don't think it's ready to be the new default. My advice is to do like I did and install Pidgin.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by sideffects View Post
    Yeah, I was having some problems with Empathy as well. I still don't think it's ready to be the new default. My advice is to do like I did and install Pidgin.
    I've done so, but it would still be nice to not be stuck with Pidgin. I have same problem with aMSN as well...

Beans

I need it for work for the video. same problem. username@live.com. password, Advanced, server. Messenger.live.com port 1863. can import it from Pidgen (which works fine) but when imported into Empathy still get Network Error.

for the sever I have tried
    messenger.live.com
    messenger.hotmail.com
    messenger.msn.com
    League of Extraordinary Penguins (tm)

Beans
    Distro

Same problem, Empathy won't connect my MSN accounts. Using my default messenger.homail.com server and port 1863.

Any help?

Beans

and this morning, they call came up fine, even MSN.. strange.
    League of Extraordinary Penguins (tm)

Beans
    Hidden!

installing python-msn solves.
    sudo aptitude install python-msn

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I have this problem too and installing python-msn didn't solve it for me. There are some bugs being reported against this, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...hy/+bug/471878 and https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=601359 and possibly others.

Beans
    Distro

python-msn did not solve it for me either.

Beans

amsn works with webcam, but the best webcam support is via skype or ekiga. Works flawlessly yo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast