Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: buying New GPU, better to wait?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006

    buying New GPU, better to wait?

    Hey Guys,

    Im thinking about getting a new GPU (HD 4550 or something like that).
    But I know that there are are a lot of issues, with ubuntu as well as the vendors.. So simply question: should I buy a new GPU now, or just wait a bit longer 'til everything is settled nicely again?

    And, if I would buy a new one, is Nvidia still the better option, or is Ati just as well at this stage?
    "Please choose a different password, the one you have chosen is in use by UID 1432"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Re: buying New GPU, better to wait?

    At this stage, nVidia is the better option, but that may be changing.

    As for waiting, the video card world never settles. nVidia will be getting the 300 series cards out pretty soon (either q4 2009 or q1 2010) and with them everything changes- new process, new core, new memory (and probably new drivers, I would guess thatt he current 185.xx.xx Vidia drivers will end up beign legacy, with the 300s getting all new drivers)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts