Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anything like adobe lightroom?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

anything like adobe lightroom?

i saw on wine that lightroom wont work. is there any programs like it? i used rawtherapee but that didnt work.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -Einstein

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: anything like adobe lightroom?

Hopefully, one day Bluemarine will be available. Until then, the nearest thing to it is probably Bibble. Version 5 has just been released and is a great deal better than version 4.
    Garry Knight
    garryknight@gmx.net
    Kubuntu 9.10 on Dell Optiplex 330

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by garryknight View Post
    Hopefully, one day Bluemarine will be available. Until then, the nearest thing to it is probably Bibble. Version 5 has just been released and is a great deal better than version 4.
    cool!
    but whats wrong with bluemarine? it looks like the deb file is available for download
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -Einstein

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by phillychease View Post
    cool!
    but whats wrong with bluemarine? it looks like the deb file is available for download
    its still beta.
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

cool!
    Last time I checked, it didn't work, although the interface is really nice and the features are great..

Beans
    Hidden!

i saw on wine that lightroom wont work. is there any programs like it? i used rawtherapee but that didnt work.
    What exactly are you looking for?

Raw Therapee has worked perfectly for me in the past, but I own Adobe Lightroom 2 now and use it on XP. The only true alternative to Adobe Lightroom 2 is Apple's Aperture 2 but that is only available on Apple OS's.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by 今幸福 View Post
    What exactly are you looking for?

Raw Therapee has worked perfectly for me in the past, but I own Adobe Lightroom 2 now and use it on XP. The only true alternative to Adobe Lightroom 2 is Apple's Aperture 2 but that is only available on Apple OS's.
    hmm. when i used rawtherapee, it wouldnt open. maybe i should try again...i reinstalled ubuntu again.
    wat do i do with the .tgz file?

Beans

I've only used the demo, and you really have to use something like this for a while in order to give a good review, but LightZone seems to be very nice.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

There are a few digiKam, Shotwell, Fotoxx. With the exception of digiKam, a lot of these are very new releases.
    Kubuntu user # 29948

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bashveank View Post
    I've only used the demo, and you really have to use something like this for a while in order to give a good review, but LightZone seems to be very nice.
    Lightzone is really nice. Very professional program. I played around with the old (free for Linux) version and liked that a lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast