Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 437

Thread: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beans
    12

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Lurker View Post
    Here is an x86 version:

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/qpa732
    Is this x86 and 9.10?

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Beans
    4

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Lurker View Post
    Here is an x86 version:

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/qpa732
    Do you have an x86_64 version for kernel 2.6.31 ?

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Beans
    83

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    Sorry, I should've clarified:

    It is the Ubuntu 9.10 kernel source (latest released kernel) with the patch, and I've removed the kernel hacking stuff, as well as some unnecessary drivers.

    newbie: I don't have an x64 version for 2.6.31, I thought Ivan had already uploaded one earlier? I thought he uploaded a 32 and a 31 version...

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Beans
    83

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Lurker View Post
    I thought he uploaded a 32 and a 31 version...
    Nevermind, I was wrong... Somebody with an x64 system should do it, after a little research, apparently cross-compiling is a bit unreliable..


    Also, is anybody else running the new Catalyst 10.1 drivers? Compiz performance went from ~30fps to ~20fps....

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    130

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Lurker View Post
    Sorry, I should've clarified:

    It is the Ubuntu 9.10 kernel source (latest released kernel) with the patch, and I've removed the kernel hacking stuff, as well as some unnecessary drivers.

    newbie: I don't have an x64 version for 2.6.31, I thought Ivan had already uploaded one earlier? I thought he uploaded a 32 and a 31 version...
    Please tell us what the removal process was.

    Colin

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Beans
    83

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    The removal process is:

    cd into the kernel source directory
    make oldconfig
    make menuconfig

    [go remove all of the stuff under "kernel hacking", then go into the various driver directories and remove drivers for devices not present in your hardware]

    make-kpkg clean




    FYI, there is a horrible performance regression in the Catalyst 10.1 driver, uninstalling and reinstalling 9.12 made it go from max ~20fps, min 15fps to max 60fps, min 30fps...

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    48

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    I'll compile a x86_64 2.6.31. Give me a few hours. (At work.)

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    48

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    http://justkitchen.info/kernel/linux...stom_amd64.deb
    http://justkitchen.info/kernel/linux...stom_amd64.deb

    Ask and thou shall recieve.
    2.6.31.12 with the ACPI patch and the kernel debugging disabled.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    130

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanmmj View Post
    I'll compile a x86_64 2.6.31. Give me a few hours. (At work.)
    Am I correct in thinking that to compile an AMD64 kernel I basically just need to do the compile procedure on a running AMD64 system? So I download an AMD64 kernel, use acpi=off as a boot option (or the more complex options that Lurker indicated) and then do the compile procedure that Ivan gave us, and I will end up with my own AMD64 kernel on my L505D-S5983?

    Colin

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    48

    Re: Toshiba L505D ACPI issue with 9.1/9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by colinwhipple View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that to compile an AMD64 kernel I basically just need to do the compile procedure on a running AMD64 system? So I download an AMD64 kernel, use acpi=off as a boot option (or the more complex options that Lurker indicated) and then do the compile procedure that Ivan gave us, and I will end up with my own AMD64 kernel on my L505D-S5983?

    Colin
    Yes

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •