Thread: Upgrade from Intrepid to Koala

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Upgrade from Intrepid to Koala

I am currently running on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex, 8.10. Can I upgrade from 8.10 to Karmic Koala 9.1 directly or, do I need to be on Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 first?
    "...a version of cron was created that spent most of its time sleeping, waiting for the moment in time when the task at the head of the event list was to be executed..."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Upgrade from Intrepid to Koala

you need to do the upgrade in stages. so yes, you have to get jaunty unless you want to do a fresh install
    Keep your important files in HOSTS when ubuntu is installed with WUBI
    How to install ANYTHING in Ubuntu!
    'No PUB KEY' error? Try this!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Upgrade from Intrepid to Koala

Quote Originally Posted by MelDJ View Post
    you need to do the upgrade in stages. so yes, you have to get jaunty unless you want to do a fresh install
    Then I think I'd better wait and see how it goes for everybody else. 9.04 didn't go too well for me so, I fell back to 8.10.

It sounds like maybe I'd better just burn my own iso and wipe everything out, and start over from scratch.

With Grub 2.0 and ext4 this should prove to be interesting. I have a Gigabyte Motherboard and am maxed out at 1 Gig of RAM and a 8x AGP 512 meg Nvidia video card however, I do have two Seagate 320 meg hardrives that I am hoping to get ext4 up and running on. I was hoping on doing this with 9.04 but I ran into too many other issues and, apparently they backed off on recommending ext4 under 9.04 to begin with.

Thanks for the heads up.
    tayl
    Last edited by danebramaged; October 27th, 2009 at 05:59 AM.
    "...a version of cron was created that spent most of its time sleeping, waiting for the moment in time when the task at the head of the event list was to be executed..."