Thread: Accessing BIOS settings for the MPC TXTBOOK-LNX

Beans

Question Accessing BIOS settings for the MPC TXTBOOK-LNX

Hello.
    I recently bought the TXTBOOK-LNX, knowing that MPC Corp is dead, but also knowing that Ubuntu is great . Anyway, I have been unable to find a manual for the laptop, nor have I found or discovered how to access the BIOS settings (and nothing came with the laptop save a battery and power adapter/cord).
    Please do not tell me to search Google; I have already combed through so many sites.
    BUT if someone has a copy of the manual, or knows how to access the BIOS settings, I would be so happy to know! I have already tried many times to access the BIOS settings by randomly mashing F keys during startup to no effect. If you know of someone or someplace with said knowledge, please direct me to he/she/it.
    I thank each of you for your time.

P.S. I did not realize that this forum was for help with Ubuntu on laptops, but in retrospect, I did not see a more appropriate forum.
    To any administrators or moderators viewing: If this thread is not appropriate on for this section of the forum, please move it to a more appropriate one.
    P.P.S. If you have trouble accessing the geeks.com page for the netbook, there is also an Amazon page for it.
    Last edited by thehand; July 19th, 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Beans

Exclamation The manual (or other like MPC document) for the MPC TXTBOOK-LNX

Doesn't anyone have the manual for this netbook?
    That is what I really want. I (unthinkingly) never tried the Delete key upon startup, which is how the BIOS settings are accessed. However, "Quick Boot" and "Quiet Boot", two settings in the BIOS, are enabled by default. "Quick Boot" skips certain tests (don't ask me which ones) normally done at startup, while "Quiet Boot" disables the display of any POST messages.
    But if someone has a [digital] copy of the manual, I would be beholden to you.
    Last edited by thehand; July 22nd, 2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling error

Beans

Re: Accessing BIOS settings for the MPC TXTBOOK-LNX

I also bought the MPC TxtBook and was unable to find a manual. I believe that in most or all respects it is identical to some other second generation Classmate PCs, and was able to find a manual for one of them, the M&A Technologies Companion. Below is a link to download the manual from M&A. While I am not sure the bios is set up identically, it looks like all the key components except hard drive are identical. Hope this helps. http://www.macomp.com/pdf/E09EI6_English_Manual.pdf

Beans

Smile Re: Accessing BIOS settings for the MPC TXTBOOK-LNX

Quote Originally Posted by chrisr001 View Post
    I also bought the MPC TxtBook and was unable to find a manual. I believe that in most or all respects it is identical to some other second generation Classmate PCs, and was able to find a manual for one of them, the M&A Technologies Companion. Below is a link to download the manual from M&A. While I am not sure the bios is set up identically, it looks like all the key components except hard drive are identical. Hope this helps. http://www.macomp.com/pdf/E09EI6_English_Manual.pdf
    Nope, sorry (not meant to be rude at all), but look here:
    http://mpctechsupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=373
    Please donate to them; I am going to give 20 USD my very next paycheck.

Yay! Internet!