Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux LG washing machine design by my wife

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Linux LG washing machine design by my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Pjotr123 View Post
    This makes me uneasy. This has nothing to do with Linux at all.

The topic starter smartly appeals to our sympathy for Linux, with eventually even a picture of an attractive blonde thrown in. But the goal to which we are being lured, is completely unconnected with Linux.

I don't like that very much. So I won't participate.
    Does this seriously bother you? Does everything in life have to be about Linux?

If you're upset that something non-Linux is on these forums, here is what it says right at the top of this page in the rules for the Cafe:
    Almost any non-tech-support topic may be discussed here
    The Cafe doesn't have to be about Linux. The only restrictions are no religion, politics, or other topics that could cause offense.

If you want to only read Linux related things, just go to the non-discussion areas of these forums.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

It's also on a Dutch open source blog :
    http://www.kletskous.com/2009/11/13/...dt-competitie/
    A commenter on that site says that the LG site is not 'available' with Chromium on 9.10 ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I voted, wth, why not; good luck, hope you get some clean clothes outta the deal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
    It's also on a Dutch open source blog :
    http://www.kletskous.com/2009/11/13/...dt-competitie/
    A commenter on that site says that the LG site is not 'available' with Chromium on 9.10 ...
    Well he`s wrong
    2009-11-13--1258118942_1024x768_scrot.png

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I voted too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The topic starter smartly appeals to our sympathy for Linux, with eventually even a picture of an attractive blonde thrown in. But the goal to which we are being lured, is completely unconnected with Linux.

This post makes me uneasy. You think there`s something weird about a guy that asks a community he participates in to help him win a competition.

The picture of "the attractive blonde" that was "thrown in" to "lure" us all into voting for a washing machine, yep that`s right, that most unholy of actions, voting for a washing machine; is actually a photo of the said wife, who joined these forums just to thank everybody who had voted.

I think your choice of language is a little disturbing.

In the most part, it`s a bit of fun. Help someone out while rooting for(supporting) a washing machine. Huh?! I support a football team but I`ve never supported a washing machine??!

Also, if you read the whole thread (which I wouldn`t expect anyone to do, because it`s about a washing machine) you`ll see a segment where a couple of old married guys (me, one of them), remember what it was like when you first got married and had almost nothing - a house or apartment with no furniture, appliances or anything.

To me, at least, this about a man and a woman starting on a long journey, that will have ups and downs, good times and not so good, a lot of love and a bit of fighting - hey marriage is a hell of a ride. I just want to give them a (small, insignifigant, in the grand scheme of things) hand.

But then I`m a hopelessly romantic idiot.......

......... don`t tell anyone

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I got my friend to vote too...he's a Mac user, but I told him we could make him an honorary member of the Linux Community if he voted...I hope y'all don't mind.

Mg

Edit: Okay, my friend told me to add that he does have a (very) infrequently used Fedora Box...so we have to be somewhat nice to him...but he's still a Mac guy.
    Last edited by Magnesium; November 13th, 2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Added something
    It's Lɪ-nʌx and it's not Windows so get on the right plane and don't preach, mention.
    Windows: The evolution of a 32 bit shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit OS coded for a 4 bit CPU by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Beans
    Hidden!

He is not asking for your money is he? Gee, its just a silly competition, no one is being lured into anything, its quite obvious what this is about. Winning a washing machine. Why do you care if someone else wins it?

As for this not being about linux; of course this is not really about advocating free software or something, its about a WASHING MACHINE lol. But even so, the competition is organised by the most popular woman magazine here in Belgium, if it wins it will give a tiny bit of exposure. It also seems kind of unlikely the OP would have cooked up the rest, faked the entire facebook page and would actually be a Flair reader himself. its a woman magazine after all.

But if it makes you feel any better Ill buy a copy next month and verify the penguin washing machine wasnt won by a 70 year old male bachelor advocating green electricity to save the penguins, ok?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by nothingspecial View Post
    But then I`m a hopelessly romantic idiot.......

......... don`t tell anyone
    My husband is too and I love him for it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Only 20 more minutes!!!!

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast