The Ubuntu developers are moving quickly to bring you the absolute latest and greatest software the Open Source Community has to offer. It will become Canonical’s eleventh release of the distribution and will likely be supported until April 2011. With this newest release, Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, you will notice differences ascetically, and there are also underlying differences in the nuts-n-bolts of things.

I’m not going to make this a technical review, I’d just like to get down to the fun.

I thought it would be a good idea to get some people together for a Release Party for the northern Wisconsin/northeastern Minnesota area to celebrate this fantastic release. Bring your friends, family, coworkers, even your boss!

Here’s some details:

• Friday, November 6 th, 2009
  • 7pm-10pm? (or whenever)
  • The Shack @ 3301 Belknap St. Superior, WI 54880
  • You don’t have to be 21 to attend
  • Wear your Ubuntu gear if you have it, bring laughs, stories, experiences, and prepare to meet some new people
  • There is a restaurant if you’re hungry, also soda and a bar (if you’re over 21)

A map of the location as well as RSVP form are located *HERE* so please make sure to RSVP if you plan to attend!