Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wireless card won't work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: wireless card won't work

Worst case is you could try a clean install. You don't mention which Ubuntu flavor you are working with? I have the same card in my laptop and it was a hassle to get functioning prior to 8.04. Good luck!!!
    Dell Inspiron 600m 1.8GHz|ATI 9000mobile|2Gb RAM|Intel 2915ABG|dual boot Win7/UNE 10.04
    Nokia N810
    Dell Studio XPS|i7-920|6Gb RAM|Nvidia-G220|Win7|XP & Maverick in VMware player

Beans

Now the Display is Messed Up

So I reinstalled the generic kernel meta package, the headers and the kernel itself (2.6.28-15.generic).

I am using Jaunty.

The wireless is working now, but the display has gone all screwy. Everything is larger, a bit out of focus, out of place. And when I go to System --> Preferences --> Display, it says my monitor is not recognized and that my monitor is "unknown" and it won't allow me to alter the resolution, refresh rate, etc.

I am using an Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller

I don't know what happened because this is a completely new problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

...Ahhh the joys of learning and experimentation! I'm sorry I cant help you there as I have an ATI card in my laptop. My inclination is there is a conflict as a result of doing only a kernel install. You might want to try a live disc and see if your graphics work properly again. If so a clean install might be required to resolve.
    Dell Inspiron 600m 1.8GHz|ATI 9000mobile|2Gb RAM|Intel 2915ABG|dual boot Win7/UNE 10.04
    Nokia N810
    Dell Studio XPS|i7-920|6Gb RAM|Nvidia-G220|Win7|XP & Maverick in VMware player

Beans

Ugh! Well, Thank you for the the assistance. I think you may be right. At least a clean install has the benefit of bringing some closure to this matter.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Ugh! Well, Thank you for the the assistance. I think you may be right. At least a clean install has the benefit of bringing some closure to this matter.
    This is the way you learn how to manage your system. Soon enough you'll be helping others get through this sort of crisis yourself .
    yeats - Ubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

i don't know if you already tried this or not (i just skimmed through what people wrote)

but did you try...

with the computer hardwired to the Internet go to:

system->Administration->Hardware Drivers->and then activating the Broadcom.

I remember I was doing all this complicated stuff to get my wireless working, and then once I activated Broadcom everything worked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12