Thread: Grub Error while booting 11.04 on HPs NC6220

Beans

Arrow Grub Error while booting 11.04 on HPs NC6220

Hello

I do have a problem with Ubuntu 11.04. Everytime I start it up, it displays the text "Grub Error: No such partition". The problem occurs everytime after restarting the laptop with installed Ubuntu 11.04 by CD or DVD; Windows XP has been pre-installed before 11.04 has been installed. Running the live CD was never a problem.

The only possibility to repair this issue for me was to boot up with an Windows XP CD and fix the error. I can then use Windows XP again, because Windows then will start up as normal as if I had never installed Ubuntu 11.04.

Need to tell, that everything run proper when Ubuntu 10.10 was installed as program in Windows and also if I installed Ubuntu 11.04 before installing Windows XP.

So, my question is:

How can I get the boot manager run on its own after starting up maybe through manually install or configure it?

Thanks for reading and answering.

Beans

Re: Grub Error while booting 11.04 on HPs NC6220

Quote Originally Posted by Matthäus View Post
    Hello

I do have a problem with Ubuntu 11.04. Everytime I start it up, it displays the text "Grub Error: No such partition". The problem occurs everytime after restarting the laptop with installed Ubuntu 11.04 by CD or DVD; Windows XP has been pre-installed before 11.04 has been installed. Running the live CD was never a problem.

The only possibility to repair this issue for me was to boot up with an Windows XP CD and fix the error. I can then use Windows XP again, because Windows then will start up as normal as if I had never installed Ubuntu 11.04.

Need to tell, that everything run proper when Ubuntu 10.10 was installed as program in Windows and also if I installed Ubuntu 11.04 before installing Windows XP.

So, my question is:

How can I get the boot manager run on its own after starting up maybe through manually install or configure it?

Thanks for reading and answering.
    Same problem here. Any ideas?