Thread: Minipci wifi card recommendations ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Minipci wifi card recommendations ?

Yes, I know those recommendation requests are not really interesting, but I couldn't find relevant info on google (it's either outdated or long lists of people looking for fixes).

I'm simply looking for a mini-pci wifi b/g card that works out of the box in ubuntu. Recommendations please ? (and saying '<I>get one that uses the 593207-pkd528 chipset</I>' is not really helpful !)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Minipci wifi card recommendations ?

I replaced the one in my laptop with the Intel 4965AGN which I got from TigerDirect for $24.95. It does everything, very very well and even provides semi-useful signal-strength data.

The 4965AGN is supported on pretty much every OS. It has been superseded on most laptops by the i8XXX series, but those are just cheap knock-offs of the 4965AGN card. That's why I replaced mine.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Minipci wifi card recommendations ?

It seems strangely long for a minipci card... Compare for instance with this random image. Are there 2 minipci form factors ? ... OK, Wikipedia to the rescue, I have to check what kind of compatibility I can expect on my laptop.
    Last edited by dargaud; October 14th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.