Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Hello people.

I have a problem with my Bamboo Pen and Lucid. I succeeded to install it, it's working, vut there is a problem with the stylus. In fact, I can move it without problem, but I want to click somewhere, the stylus is blocked on the screen and I just can move it in highlighting all the page where I move the stylus. And to unlock it, I must wait some seconds, and move it on my tablet.

I make this to instal my Bamboo Pen :

Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential libx11-dev libxi-dev x11proto-input-dev xserver-xorg-dev tk8.4-dev tcl8.4-dev libncurses5-dev
    wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/linuxwacom/linuxwacom-0.8.6-2.tar.bz2
    tar -xf linuxwacom-0.8.6-2.tar.bz2
    cd linuxwacom-0.8.6-2
    ./configure --enable-wacom
    cd src/2.6.30/ # I know this is the wrong version, but it's the highest available and it works
    make
    sudo cp wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    sudo rmmod wacom
    sudo depmod -a %permet de recharger les pilotes du kernel
    sudo modprobe wacom

Thanks to your help,

Joriz15.

Beans

Up !

Beans

Up ??

I wanted to buy one of these
    I am hardly guru, so if others are not getting an easy fix I worry that I wont either.

Are there any better supported altnernatives? MSI starpad? Genius?

Are people getting these to work alright or what? Do they work in Karmic still? Mint-8 or 9?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joriz15 View Post
    Hello people.
    I have a problem with my Bamboo Pen and Lucid. I succeeded to install it, it's working, vut there is a problem with the stylus. In fact, I can move it without problem, but I want to click somewhere, the stylus is blocked on the screen and I just can move it in highlighting all the page where I move the stylus. And to unlock it, I must wait some seconds, and move it on my tablet.

I make this to instal my Bamboo Pen :

Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential libx11-dev libxi-dev x11proto-input-dev xserver-xorg-dev tk8.4-dev tcl8.4-dev libncurses5-dev
    wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/linuxwacom/linuxwacom-0.8.6-2.tar.bz2
    tar -xf linuxwacom-0.8.6-2.tar.bz2
    cd linuxwacom-0.8.6-2
    ./configure --enable-wacom
    cd src/2.6.30/ # I know this is the wrong version, but it's the highest available and it works
    make
    sudo cp wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    sudo rmmod wacom
    sudo depmod -a %permet de recharger les pilotes du kernel
    sudo modprobe wacom
    Thanks to your help,
    Joriz15.
    Nobody can help me ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Nick_Jinn,

Sure, should work in those. Stylus and eraser work well. Gestures are not as good, but there is a new gestures patch pending.

Hi joriz15,

What did you do to set up the P & T in Lucid? What configuration file are you using? The 10-wacom.conf in xorg.conf.d or xorg.conf?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi joriz15,

What did you do to set up the P & T in Lucid? What configuration file are you using? The 10-wacom.conf in xorg.conf.d or xorg.conf?

I really don't know, and I don't know how can I know... (sorry for my bad english, i'm French)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The xorg.conf is in /etc/X11/. In Lucid it might not even be present. But if it is there does it have any Wacom sections?

The .conf files are the replacement for the .fdi files and the 10-wacom.conf is located in /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/. You could post yours.

One of the problems is I'm not sure I understand the problem you are having. The stylus is stuck on select?

Beans

Yes, it stucks, but I don't find X11, I haven't it, I really don't know, and sorry if I'm a noob

Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast