Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi HarM_triade,

Karmic uses 2.6.31 so I feel sure dnprossi has it.

Did you purge the 0.8.4-1 linuxwacom first?
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wacom-tools xserver-xorg-input-wacom

sudo apt-get purge wacom-tools xserver-xorg-input-wacom
    Should do that when changing versions.

Did you copy the wacom.ko from "src/2.6.31/wacom.ko"?
    I didn't at first, then did later on ...... which does leave the problem of not having the linuxwacom.fdi file as well as the 40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules not being there.
    Or should they be?

I'll retry in while.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by dnprossi View Post
    Confirmed hid-ids.h is required once for karmic 2.6.31

Code:
    sudo apt-get install wacom-tools xserver-xorg-input-wacom
    sudo apt-get purge wacom-tools xserver-xorg-input-wacom

wget http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git-repos/u.../hid/hid-ids.h
    sudo cp ./hid-ids.h /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h

tar -xjvf linuxwacom-.8.4-3.tar.bz2
    tar -xjvf wcm2_patch.tar.bz2        
    cp wcm2_patch/* linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/     
    cd linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/
    patch -p1 < wacomcpl-exec.patch
    patch -p1 < wacom_sys.c.patch
    patch -p1 < wacom_wac.c.patch
    patch -p1 < wacom_wac.h.patch
    patch -p1 < wactablet.h.patch
    patch -p1 < wacusb.c.patcpatch -p1 < wcmUSB.c.patch
    make clean
    ./configure --enable-wacom --prefix=/usr
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo cp src/2.6.31/wacom.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    sudo cp 10-linuxwacom.fdi /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-linuxwacom.fdi
    then edited xorg.conf and udev manually:

gksudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

pasted text from Favux_Bamboo-Pen&Touch_test2.xorg.conf.txt

gksudo gedit /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules

pasted on line 88:
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00d2", SYMLINK="input/tablet-wacom-bamboo-pen_touch-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"

Then reboot...
    Almost to the letter the same...xcept I didn't "purge" but only "removed" so that might be the problem.

The cth-461 shows itself as 00d2 as well, so hopefully they're the same.
    and the missing
    Thanks for the clear thread, tho there might have been a slight warning for all the dependancy hoops ..... especially the xorg ones.

I've self-compiled quite a lot but wasn't actually prepared for those files not being there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi HarM_triade,

which does leave the problem of not having the linuxwacom.fdi file as well as the 40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules not being there.
    Sorry, you're right. I guess I just took it for granted you'd know. I mention the udev rules in #384 and the .fdi is right there.

You don't need to do the purge lines anymore for new patches now that you're using 0.8.4-3. However if Ayuthia decides to move to 0.8.5-1 you'll have to go through it again.

We just helped set up a HP tablet pc with the new Wacom touch only screen on 0.8.5-1. We're wondering if we can use the same code it's using to get touch working on your Bamboo P & T's, which is why I mention 0.8.5-1.

I've had 0.8.5-1 installed for a few days. It seems more stable than 0.8.5, at least Gimp isn't crashing. There are a few problems. For example I can't get Gimp to distinguish between the stylus and eraser anymore. Sound familiar?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi HarM_triade,

Sorry, you're right. I guess I just took it for granted you'd know. I mention the udev rules in #384 and the .fdi is right there.

You don't need to do the purge lines anymore for new patches now that you're using 0.8.4-3. However if Ayuthia decides to move to 0.8.5-1 you'll have to go through it again.

We just helped set up a HP tablet pc with the new Wacom touch only screen on 0.8.5-1. We're wondering if we can use the same code it's using to get touch working on your Bamboo P & T's, which is why I mention 0.8.5-1.

I've had 0.8.5-1 installed for a few days. It seems more stable than 0.8.5, at least Gimp isn't crashing. There are a few problems. For example I can't get Gimp to distinguish between the stylus and eraser anymore. Sound familiar?
    Don't be sorry. you're being a great help!

I tried everything in the "right" order which still leaves me with the problem of not having a udev-rules file to edit.

I suppose I could reinstall xserver-xorg-input-wacom again so as to copy/save the file and edit it later on. It leaves me with the question how you guys did that.

I'll give 0.8.5.1 a go but would first like to get similar results as you guys usin 0.8.4.3. That way I'll know it's not me missing something obvious.

Beans
    Distro

HarM_triade,

Don't try 0.8.5-1 yet, the patches are for 0.8.4-3. I was just saying.

To install "40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules" in "/lib/udev/rules.d/" see Appendix 3 in this HOW TO. Or you can get it from the linuxwacom package in "/src/util/" where it's called '60-wacom.rules'. See post #384.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi !

Am I the only one to not have a makefile (even after 4 downloads of the linuxwacom-0.8.4-3 file) ?

Could someone edit the wikipage too ?

I am getting lost with the information everywhere in this topic ^^

Beans
    Distro

Hi SeraphicRav,

Welcome to Ubuntu Forums!

I'm sorry, what wikipage? We're using Ayuthia's post #144 and also post #384. The second post on the first page has links to them. And you can also look at the HOW TO linked in the post above yours.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Okay, thank you

I meant this wikipage : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Favux, you rock!

That just worked for me....tho I must admit the result is fairly crude compared to my older wacom serial A4 pen on my desktop.....the bamboo was just for my laptop for when I'm "on the road".

In gimp there's the eraser/stylus problem ..... seen that before, methinks on a Siemens with touch-screen, I had. Alas it burned out it's CPU a year ago and I haven't been able to "re-use" the screen in one way or another. It's up in the attic now, with all the other laptop corpses.

I did follow up your post 384 but that doesn't show the missing udev rules solution.

Methinks that threads like these should result in a wiki entry, handy and clear enough for newbies.....i.e.: no assumptions on degree's of knowledge beforehand!

Kudo's for all the effort....specially like the HP thread.

Beans
    Distro

Hi HarM_triade,

Great! Glad you got it working.

Just to be sure you've configured Gimp correctly you can look near the bottom of the Wacom wiki for instructions.

Like dnprossi do you need both the .fdi and xorg.conf (with the udev rule) to get it working in Karmic?

Well it's currently "experimental", but once it's figured out I'm sure someone will write it up. Besides we're trying to get it included in linuxwacom too. I think Ayuthia posting the working patch was helpful. That's why I added a working .fdi.

Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast