Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Hi Evon,

Wow, good work! So you're using a .fdi and giving up on the xorg.conf?

Anyway for touch in relative run in a terminal:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set touch Mode Relative
    and see if that works.

The tablet buttons (pad) don't work quite right for anyone. You can configure the middle two. Ob1 and Chris are working on adding more support to wacomcpl for the buttons and gestures. They are also working on the gesture code.

Ping Cheng (LWP) has finally finished his big project and can now put in more time integrating the Bamboo P & T patches. He's planning on bringing out 0.8.5-10 in about a week. And then 0.8.6 about a week after that. Hopefully there will be more gestures and gesture support. And wacomcpl will offer configuration options for touch and buttons.

There's a little support for gestures and stuff in ob1's v.2 patch which is linked in post #384 along with munooka's instructions.

Beans

Thanks a lot. How do make the touch mode relative and start-up?

Beans
    Distro

Hi Hi Evon,

You should be able to add the line to wacomcpl's .xinitrc. How to setup wacomcpl is linked in post #384 in 3).

Beans

Thanks again Favux. I am quite weary about following those instruction at the link post 384 refers to because that's what messed me up in the first place. I honestly don't even know what instructions refer to what I want and whether or not I need to use those symlinks. I think I'll play it safe and just input that command whenever i restart.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello,

My Wacom tablet suddenly stopped working, maybe somebody can help with troubleshooting?

I've got the CTH-661. Installed it using the instructions from this thread, Post 541. Used the .fdi, made no changes to xorg.conf. Had no touch and pad support, but the pen worked great. I only had one issue: when the PC got turned on, the tablet didn't work. I had to pull the cable from the USB port. This always resulted in X restarting (strange, but I could live with that). After replugging and logging in, the pen worked like a charm, both stylus and eraser.

Today, I just got home, and the tablet didn't work after I booted the PC. Replugging it didn't restart X either. lsusb finds it on Bus 005. wacomcpl shows an empty list under "select the device". Moving the pen over the tablet doesn't move the cursor, and touching it doesn't produce a click.

There is no hardware problem with the USB port (just plugged a mouse there) or the tablet (it still works on my WinXP laptop). Only thing I did to my system yesterday was to install the automatic updates, maybe they broke it.

Please help, I have no idea where to start...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Hi Rumtscho,

That will happen with every kernel update. It looks like you are in Karmic and the update took you to kernel 2.6.31-19-generic. The new directory:
    Code:
    /lib/modules/2.6.31-19/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    does not have the compiled wacom.ko in it like:
    Code:
    /lib/modules/2.6.31-18/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    does after you used the copy (cp) command:
    Code:
    sudo cp src/2.6.27/wacom.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    First try copying your compiled wacom.ko from your patched unpacked source code tar again. That should/may work, otherwise you'll have to recompile. If you have to recompile you might want to look at the links in post #384. They are to the patch sets on the other P & T thread that will get your touch and pad working.

You'll have to do that until the driver supports the P & T, hopefully in Lucid.
    Last edited by Favux; February 11th, 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Beans

Thanks Favux.

Was excited to get a bamboo for my birthday. Then saddened to find it was the new pen and touch and not working with Ubuntu. Now it's working and I'm happy again!

Keep up the good work!!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've noticed that the dev version only has 2.6.27 is it possible to use it with 2.6.32? or do I have to revert to a lower kernel version?
    Dropbox offers 2GB free storage with a multiplatform sync-daemon and web access

Beans
    Distro

Hi James-,

You should be OK. That's a linuxwacom thing. The 2.6.31 and 2.6.28 folders were removed by the time linuxwacom 0.8.5-9 came out. They were for the blue tooth module and since it was put in the kernel they removed the folders to "simplify" things. The wacom.ko you compile against 2.6.32 should end up in the 2.6.27 folder. Or at least it will if you had the 2.6.31 kernel. We'll have to see what happens with the 2.6.32 or the Lucid kernel. That's because linuxwacom doesn't support Xserver 1.7.

Beans
    Distro

Hi everyone,

Linuxwacom 0.8.5-10 was just released: https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxwacom/files/ It has the new P & T patch set and hopefully you'll now be able to get support without patching!

Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast