Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Thank Johnny2k. I hadn't added the udev rules. Added them, and made the changes to my xorg.conf, but that caused X to crash on startup (several attempts to start followed by a blank screen requiring a SysRq reboot). I've commented out the wacom lines from the ServerLayout section and it starts normally now, but obviously without the tablet working. (I had an fdi file, but I removed that to try xorg, neither giving any joy.)

Also, it looks like the udev rules haven't worked for some reason, as there's is no /dev/input/wacom. I saved the rules file you posted to /etc/udev/rules.d/60-wacom.rules. Does this suggest that something's up with my driver? I haven't included the wcm2 patch when compiling, just the wcm_working_patch so far.

Thanks.
    Last edited by marek_online; October 24th, 2009 at 12:43 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post

Also, it looks like the udev rules haven't worked for some reason, as there's is no /dev/input/wacom. I saved the rules file you posted to /etc/udev/rules.d/60-wacom.rules. Does this suggest that something's up with my driver? I haven't included the wcm2 patch when compiling, just the wcm_working_patch so far.

Thanks.

First...sorry about the udev rules I sent. Mine is the 056a:00d2 but yours is the 056a:00d1 so where my file udev says " ... ATTRS{idProduct}=="00d2 ... " you should change that to 00d1. Sorry I should have caught that earlier before wasting my time writing the following paragraphs. But in the case this easy fix doesn't work try out the rest.

Just to be sure it isn't the patch I would suggest building a fresh drivers following the instructions on it post #145. Unpack new source for the driver just to make sure only the patches you want are in use and try using the wcm2 patch if you haven't already. That one worked the best for me. Also make sure you use each of the patches in that archive. The instructions don't show the commands you need for one or two of them. You just want the wacom.ko for now and do some ...

Code:
    sudo rmmod wacom
    sudo insmod src/2.6.28/wacom.ko
    sudo depmod -e
    ... just to make sure there are no errors and it loads properly before installing it. Also, sorry if you already know this but when you try recompiling a driver you want to "make clean" first and also have no spaces are special characters in the path to the driver's source. That second one had me messed up for hours. It's always something simple isn't it?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=evdev&page=15

Oh.. one more thing. You didn't use my xorg.conf verbatim did you? That would cause some problems.

:edit: attached a drawing I just did that demonstrates using pressure in gimp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnny2k; October 24th, 2009 at 01:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2k View Post
    Hey Tom, I had this problem with my device but mine said isLCD(210). Which model do you have? Just curious.

You can fix this by creating the element in the array yourself in the script wacomcpl runs. It's a shell script called wacomcpl-exec and is located in linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/src/wacomxi if you haven't installed it yet or in /usr/bin/wacomcpl-exec and /usr/local/bin/wacomcpl-exec. Edit whichever one is executed.

First of all you need to find the line that says set
    Code:
    maxNumTablets 199
    and change that 199 to a number at least 212. For good measure I kicked mine up to 250 and it works. Then you wanna go ahead and add a few elements to some arrays that will be accessed.

Look at all the errors you receive depending on what device you are trying to choose. For me I only got two different error. One complaining about isLCD(210) and hasPad(210). So right below where I changed maxNumTablets I also added the elements for isLCD and hasPad with...

Code:
    set maxNumTablets 250
    set isLCD(210) 0  # I have no lcd on my tablet
    set hasPad(210) 1 # I do have a pad
    set numPadButtons(210) 4 # I have four buttons on the pad
    So add this code to the bash script wacomcpl=exec and change those 210's to 212 and customize it for your device and that sucker will work.

I read somewhere that changes made with wacomcpl will revert after a restart and you need a script to save them so look out for that.
    I think I have updated wacomcpl to cover these devices now. The part that I need some information from the group is how many buttons does each device have? I have currently set it to four based on johnny2k's information.

The changes are now in wcm2_patch. At the end of the post, there is a list of changes that are currently in wcm2_patch.

Beans
    Distro

Hi, I've been following this for the last couple of days and it's fantastic to watch! I've bought a CTH-460, and am hoping to get it to work. I'm not sure how much help I can be at this stage, but I noticed a couple of comments about problems with MaxTouchY - might it be relevant that the touch area on the device is smaller than the pen area?

From the box:
    For me, following the instructions in Post #144 and using the fdi from, I think #212, I haven't been able to get anything out of the device.

dmesg and /var/log/messages have this:

Code:
    [ 1255.388054] usb 7-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
    [ 1255.551793] usb 7-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    There are 10 events in /dev/input, but none responds to the tablet - neither pen nor touch (and there are no Wacom devices in the "by-id" directory there).

lshal | grep [Ww]acom produces the following (so no :input.x11_driver = 'wacom' (string)):
    Code:
    info.vendor = 'Wacom Co., Ltd'  (string)
      usb_device.vendor = 'Wacom Co., Ltd'  (string)
      usb.vendor = 'Wacom Co., Ltd'  (string)
      usb.vendor = 'Wacom Co., Ltd'  (string)
    lsusb | grep Wacom gives this:
    Code:
    Bus 007 Device 003: ID 056a:00d1 Wacom Co., Ltd
    What should my next move be? I'm not sure how frequently I can check back, but can I be of any help (knowing next to nothing about any of this)?

Just in case: I'm running Jaunty with the 2.6.28-15-generic kernel.

Cheers.
    You have the same device as the original poster. Can you attach your lshal information? I am thinking that we might need to take a step back to the last time I saw this device work. Can you try using the files in post 97? At that point, it looks like the /dev/input/event files were there. If that one works, I will check the differences between the current patches and those changes to see what is preventing it from creating the event files. At this point, I am going to check and see where it creates the event files and see if I can figure out what is happening.

Beans

You have the same device as the original poster. Can you attach your lshal information? I am thinking that we might need to take a step back to the last time I saw this device work. Can you try using the files in post 97? At that point, it looks like the /dev/input/event files were there. If that one works, I will check the differences between the current patches and those changes to see what is preventing it from creating the event files. At this point, I am going to check and see where it creates the event files and see if I can figure out what is happening.
    I followed Johnny2k's advice and recompiled the driver with the wcm2 patch as well, and I now have the stylus working, complete with the scrolling bug (always upwards, possibly to do with mousewheel emulation mentioned in Xorg.0.log?). There are two new events in /dev/input (event11 and event 12), but there is no wacdump output for any of the events, including the newly created /dev/input/wacom. If you'd still like me to recompile using the files from post #97 just let me know.

I've attached the parts of my lshal output that mention wacom.

@johnny2k: I hadn't taken your xorg.conf verbatim, but I think I had left the wacom-touch lines uncommented, which causes X to snag on startup. And very nice pic!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by marek_online; October 24th, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro

I followed Johnny2k's advice and recompiled the driver with the wcm2 patch as well, and I now have the stylus working, complete with the scrolling bug (always upwards, possibly to do with mousewheel emulation mentioned in Xorg.0.log?). There are two new events in /dev/input (event11 and event 12), but there is no wacdump output for any of the events, including the newly created /dev/input/wacom. If you'd still like me to recompile using the files from post #97 just let me know.

I've attached the parts of my lshal output that mention wacom.

@johnny2k: I hadn't taken your xorg.conf verbatim, but I think I had left the wacom-touch lines uncommented, which causes X to snag on startup. And very nice pic!
    That is good news! We will not need to go back to that post since the events are there. That means that the kernel module is working.

EDIT: Can you send me a copy of your Xorg.0.log? I would like to see the mousewheel information. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@Ayuthia

As we seem unable to figure how the touch mode is working on the CTH-661, I was thinking that the udevd is actually making decision based on properties it got from the device when it recognize it (that's how it find out it is a wacom product and if it is a serial device or not).

Is there a way to get an extract of all the information udev has access from the device? I would be curious to see what the device itself can tell us.

The only problem with this idea is if that udev is getting is coming from the wacom.ko... but even there, maybe it is talking more then expected on the available "properties".

Anyway, that is just an idea so let me know if it make sense and could help.

Thanks.

ehfortin

Beans

The EmulateWheelButton thing is actually mentioned for all mouse devices, so I'm not sure whether there's something in it, but here's the relevant bit of the Xorg.0.log and I've attached the full thing in case it's useful.

Code:
    (II) config/hal: Adding input device Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: always reports core events
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: Device: "/dev/input/event6"
    (II) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: Found 7 mouse buttons
    (II) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: Found x and y absolute axes
    (II) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: Found absolute touchpad
    (II) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: Configuring as mouse
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5" (type: MOUSE)
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: (accel) filter chain progression: 2.00
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: (accel) filter stage 0: 20.00 ms
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: (accel) set acceleration profile 0
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: Device: "/dev/input/event5"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200

Beans
    Distro

The EmulateWheelButton thing is actually mentioned for all mouse devices, so I'm not sure whether there's something in it, but here's the relevant bit of the Xorg.0.log and I've attached the full thing in case it's useful.

Code:
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: Device: "/dev/input/event6"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5: Device: "/dev/input/event5"
    Based on the information here, it looks like xorg is using evdev instead of wacom. Because of this, it is treating the device like a mouse.

Can you post your .fdi or xorg.conf file? It looks like there is something missing so xorg is using evdev.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

Speaking of .fdi's I tried to make a hybrid .fdi that includes the changes in the post #176 .fdi on the other thread that gives stylus, eraser, pad, and touch with 'xsetwacom list' so you can use wacomcpl. I used the approach to touch the 0.8.5 .fdi used in this one. Can anyone tell me if the new Bamboo's have or support the use of a Wacom mouse (puck)? If not I can remove the cursor stuff.

Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast