Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

I really hope that it will support x 1.7 soon it won't compile:
    Code:
    /usr/include/xorg/input.h:280: note: expected 'Atom *' but argument is of type 'int'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:449: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorClassDeviceStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:491: warning: implicit declaration of function 'InitKeyClassDeviceStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:499: warning: implicit declaration of function 'InitKbdFeedbackClassDeviceStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:530: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:535: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:536: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:544: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:545: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:551: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:552: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:560: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:565: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    ./xf86Wacom.c:569: error: too few arguments to function 'InitValuatorAxisStruct'
    make[2]: *** [xf86Wacom.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linuxwacom-0.8.5-10/src/xdrv'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linuxwacom-0.8.5-10/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    guess i'll have to wait until they support x1.7 T_T both my ubuntu/arch are using x1.7
    Dropbox offers 2GB free storage with a multiplatform sync-daemon and web access

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi James-,

Oh, Arch.

Yes. Sorry, I checked the LWP site and it says:
    Support kernels up to 2.6.31. Support Xserver up to 1.6.0
    So for your kernel and Xserver I think you'd have to use xf86-input-wacom. Probably 10.4 and the Bamboo branch (not the master): http://linuxwacom.git.sourceforge.ne...acom;a=summary I think Chris has added enough support in it now for it your P & T to work.

Instructions for cloning it are here: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawi...itle=Main_Page See the xf86-input-wacom link.

The problem is I don't know what you do for the wacom.ko (the usb kernel driver/module) since you can't get it from linuxwacom because it won't compile. Maybe ask Chris Bagwell on linuxwacom-discuss?

Beans

Hi James!

I just got the same problem as you on arch.

This is what I did:
    Download xf86-input-wacom, install:
    Code:
    git clone git://linuxwacom.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/linuxwacom/xf86-input-wacom
    cd xf86-input-wacom
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    make && make install
    cp fdi/wacom.fdi /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/wacom.fdi

Download linuxwacom-0.8.5-10.tar.bz2, extract it.
    Code:
    ./configure --enable-wacom
    cd src/2.6.27
    make
    cp wacom.ko /lib/modules/2.6.32-ARCH/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    I restarted udevd and hald and got it working without any changes to xorg.conf(even without udev rules).
    To get better control, install udev rules (to create /dev/input/wacom) and adjust your xorg.conf.

Hope it works for you.

==

Anyway, any chance to get multitouch working?

Best regards
    Last edited by 1029384756; February 15th, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi 1029384756,

Thanks for posting that info.!

Like I mentioned to James- I think Chris' bamboo branch of xf86-input-wacom has enough of the patches to support the P & T and with multi-touch. I think he's still working on gestures code but there is some in there now.

Beans

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on forums and new to Linux. I used Pentagram ThinType tablet and it was working "out of box" on wacom driver that can be found in repository. I upgraded to Bamboo Pen (CTL-460) some time ago. I knew it wouldn't work like that but configuring it is pain for me.

Today I decided to give it a go and completed steps from posts #384 (Ayuthia's patch), #541 (kgingeri's summary on Favux and Ayuthia's work) and also downloaded premade .fdi file.

Everything went smoothly as soon as I started understanding what am I doing, unfortunately tablet is not working as it should.

It works in mouse mode by default- no pressure in Gimp, stylus moving properly according to screen tho. When I adjust input method in preferences (i.e. making stylus work in "screen" mode) I get pressure sensivity but stylus only draws horizontally regardless how I draw.

Next thing I spotted is when i launch wacomcpl: I have pad, stylus, eraser options visible but there's an error:
    can't read "isLCD(212)": no such element in array
    can't read "isLCD(212)": no such element in array
    while executing
    "if { ![ string compare $type "pad" ] } {
    if { $hasPad($model) } {
    createPanel 0 1 0 0
    }
    } elseif { ![ string compare $type "touch" ] } {
    ..."
    (procedure "updateDevice" line 24)
    invoked from within
    "updateDevice"
    (command bound to event)
    I'm not sure what should I do now. I'm sorry but I also don't know what command results should be attached for you to diagnose the problem- any hints here for start?

Best regards!

Beans
    Distro

Hi voxmortem,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Which Ubuntu release are you in? Karmic?

You shouldn't be seeing eraser and pad options in wacomcpl. Which .fdi are you using? Is it the new-generic? Why don't you first try this simplified .fdi for the Pen. I've lost track of where I posted it so I'll attach it here. And the new-working in post #384 should work too, although given what you say, you might see eraser.

Just to let you know the newly released linuxwacom 0.8.5-10 supports your Bamboo Pen "out of the box". I don't think you need to recompile but if you are interested instructions are on Ayuthia's HOW TO or at this compiling linuxwacom HOW TO.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Favux,

Thank you very much for quick reply. I always forget the vital stuff :/ Yes, I'm using 32bit Karmic. I'll try to remove driver I've installed and apply new version. I've seen it but wasn't confident enough to use it instead of 0.8.4-4. (I only hope I won't break something during the process )

Best regards!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 1029384756 View Post
    Hi James!

I just got the same problem as you on arch.

This is what I did:
    Download xf86-input-wacom, install:
    Code:
    git clone git://linuxwacom.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/linuxwacom/xf86-input-wacom
    cd xf86-input-wacom
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    make && make install
    cp fdi/wacom.fdi /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/wacom.fdi

Download linuxwacom-0.8.5-10.tar.bz2, extract it.
    Code:
    ./configure --enable-wacom
    cd src/2.6.27
    make
    cp wacom.ko /lib/modules/2.6.32-ARCH/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    I restarted udevd and hald and got it working without any changes to xorg.conf(even without udev rules).
    To get better control, install udev rules (to create /dev/input/wacom) and adjust your xorg.conf.

Hope it works for you.

==

Anyway, any chance to get multitouch working?

Best regards
    Did you add anything to the rc.conf to load? because it doesn't work for me
    I can see where hald is /etc/rc.d/hal restart, but how do you reboot udevd?

Beans
    Distro

You could try:
    Code:
    sudo depmod -a
    to rebuild the module dependencies for wacom.ko and then reboot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I think that's what was missing because I added "wacom" to the module list in rc.conf and next boot it said Updating Module Dependencies, AND IT WORKS !!!!!!!

Dunno how to reboot udevd though :/ I hate rebooting, it's so windows

Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast