Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Oh, then you need to add:
    Code:
             <merge key="input.x11_options.TwinView" type="string">Horizontal</merge>
    Where is the best way to add it in the fdi? (say in your default fdi from the programming thread)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi notafish,

A reasonable place to put the monitor configuration lines seems to be after the stylus line and before the info.callout line.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi Carl Hamlin,

When you are patching 'p1' is the the letter p and the number 1, not lower-case L (l).
    Amazing how much better that works. Thank you, Favux. You're my hero.

Beans

Hi notafish,

A reasonable place to put the monitor configuration lines seems to be after the stylus line and before the info.callout line.
    I did this, I restarted X, nothing changed. I rebooted, still not working. I'm wondering whether this is because of the patched driver or whether it's a problem with my setup altogether. I don't see any other solution than actually waiting for the new version of the driver to be stable

I have tried installing the latest development version, but that went totally wrong (ie. the tablet was not working at all any more), so maybe I missed a step. I am also missing a howto for uninstalling previous versions, in order to make sure that versions don't get all mixed up. [edit 20:59] I found it here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...12&postcount=1

Again, thanks for all your help with this, I am not yet despairing to get my tablet to work smartly
    Last edited by notafish; January 3rd, 2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: found a relevant link

Beans
    Distro

Hi notafish,

I did this, I restarted X, nothing changed. I rebooted, still not working. I'm wondering whether this is because of the patched driver or whether it's a problem with my setup altogether. I don't see any other solution than actually waiting for the new version of the driver to be stable
    Sorry that didn't work. You might be right. What lines are you currently adding to the .fdi?
    I have tried installing the latest development version, but that went totally wrong (ie. the tablet was not working at all any more), so maybe I missed a step. I am also missing a howto for uninstalling previous versions, in order to make sure that versions don't get all mixed up.
    Thanks for testing it. So far that's everyone's experience. If it can be made to work we haven't yet figured out how to do it.

Beans

Sorry that didn't work. You might be right. What lines are you currently adding to the .fdi?
    I added that line where you suggested (I had added it before, to different places in the fdi, to no avail)

Code:
    I also started wacomclp and noticed the line in the fdi had been taken into consideration (the horizontal was there by default), I tried to change the screen display through the GUI, that didn't work either. So I'm suspecting the patch must prevent the driver from taking this info into account.

Beans
    Distro

Hi notafish,

So I'm suspecting the patch must prevent the driver from taking this info into account.
    That could be. I'm not totally clear. Did you add all three lines?:
    Code:
              <merge key="input.x11_options.TVResolution" type="string">1280x1024,1280x1024</merge>
              <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenNo" type="string">0</merge>
    Then you would vary ScreenNo from 0 to 1 (and/or -1?) depending on where you want it.

Beans

Hi,

I have a similar problem as notafish but I have not done anything to get the tablet to work.
    It works (almost) out of the box.
    My system is: 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 8 04:02:15 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    The tablet I plugged in is a WACOM BAMBOO MTE-450

It works in both GIMP 2.6.7 and Inkscape 0.47 with pressure detection but I have the same problem as notafish in that the A6 tablet spans both my screens.
    Since I have not done any patching or installing whatsoever I am not sure if I should follow the same procedure but I would really like the tablet to correspond to my drawing area independent where it is located.

Another caveat in GIMP is that it only works for one tool in one setting,
    Brush: Circle (11) (13 x 13)
    and it will switch back to that brush as soon i start drawing using the tablet independent of what is selected in the tool panel. It will however keep the selected tool and continue (with the tablet as input) if I start with the mouse and then approach the tablet with the pen and take over the movements.

Thx
    /Igor

Beans
    Distro

Hi igorlopez,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Do you also have Nvidia video?

If you want to use wacomcpl (wacom control panel) the calibration and configuration gui from the LWP you could try one of the modified wacom.fdi's for usb at post #176.

If I understand you correctly I believe that's how Gimp is suppose to work. If you want to select another tool for the stylus tip you click on it with the stylus.

Beans

Hi Favux and thx for the quick reply.

Yes I have a GeForce GTX 260 with the latest proprietary driver from nVidia (185.18.36)

I do not know what I should use the wacomcpl for.
    Can I use it to map screen coordinates to the tablet?
    If so then that is what I will try to use to get a larger usable area out of the tablet.

I tried changing tool with the stylus instead and then it worked.
    Not perfect to my work flow but beets my workaround by large.

Thank you.

/Igor

Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast