Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

I tried your steps. When I run wacomcpl I get no devices. Any ideas?

Beans

What about for kernel 2.6.31?

Beans

When I run the command cp 50-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules I get an error "cp: cannot stat `50-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules': No such file or directory"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

A call for testers. Linuxwacom 0.8.5-9 has been released:
    Incorporated Ayuthia's Bamboo P&T patch -34. Fixed some kernel misplacement. Fixed a protocol4 mouse button click issue.
    As you can see Ping had to fix some kernel issues. Hopefully that won't prevent this one from doing the job.

Good luck!

Beans

Angry Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Hi all,

I have followed the instructions after patching and installing linuxwacom-0.8.4-4, my Bamboo CTL460 works fine, except for one thing.

I have a dual monitor setup, with a NVidia graphic card and the nvidia driver enabled (Twinview mode). Both monitors have the same resolution 1280x1024.

I have tried many of the tweaks proposed in many threads to try and map the tablet to my left screen, but with no success.

The solutions I tried (among many others) are:
    *http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1185904
    *http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1367758
    etc.
    I also tried with adding the twinview info in the xorg.conf instead of fdi. Nothing, I can't seem to change the default.

One thing though. I am not sure where_ to put the Twinview info in the fdi (in Favux default fdi for example). I tried different places, to no avail. Maybe that's what I got wrong?

Any help is more than welcome, thanks in any case for the amazing work so far

Beans
    Distro

Hi notafish.

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

I have tried many of the tweaks proposed in many threads to try and map the tablet to my left screen, but with no success.
    I don't think anyone has figured that out. I believe it is a bug in TwinView. I remember someone just physically swapped (moved) their monitors.

Beans

Hi Favux, thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    I don't think anyone has figured that out. I believe it is a bug in TwinView. I remember someone just physically swapped (moved) their monitors.
    Actually, my left screen is screen 0, so my problem is not that it's mapped on the wrong screen, it's that it does not map on _only one screen_ at all. I'm stuck with a tablet that takes the width of both my screens as its max width. In short, to work on one screen, I can only use half of the tablet. It's an A6 tablet, so that makes the working area pretty small

Beans
    Distro

Oh, then you need to add:
    Code:
             <merge key="input.x11_options.TwinView" type="string">Horizontal</merge>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hey, everyone.

I've been through the how-to on post 541 and tried a couple of other how-to's as well trying to get this %&#(%&# thing working under Karmic, and I gotta say I'm getting pretty frustrated.

The only thing I can really think of as a potential gotcha is that during the patch portion of the post 541 instructions, I got the following output for each file:

Code:
    patch: **** strip count l is not a number
    Anybody have a clue? If the patch output is the problem, any idea as to what's going on with that?

Beans
    Distro

Hi Carl Hamlin,

When you are patching 'p1' is the the letter p and the number 1, not lower-case L (l).

Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast