Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post
    Yeah, it was the test2, and I am using Jaunty (though perhaps not for much longer! Roll on Thursday).

I'll try the edit.

EDIT: Okay, it seems I've been sloppy in my observations again I'm afraid. Apologies. The test2.fdi file you posted above, Favus, works fine, without edits. I'm not sure what was causing the problem earlier, but having both fdi files in the same folder seems to have been the problem, rather than either one by itself.
    I am just happy that you are assisting with this! I have went ahead and commented out the pad portion again just to make sure that it won't crash X and try to isolate the issue with the eraser.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi marek_online,

I am just happy that you are assisting with this!
    I second Aryuthia!

I needed to review the .fdi again anyway.

What would be very nice is if you checked out the alt.touch .fdi now that we know the other one works. I'm interested in seeing if that works without breaking anything and if the debug line in the touch section returns anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post
    Hi Favux,

I didn't, but I've just realised that I've got two relevant fdi files:
    Code:
    /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-linuxwacom.fdi
    /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-wacom.fdi
    Possible culprit there? One is the same fdi posted by ehfortin a while ago, the other the most recent one posted by yourself. I'll try getting rid of one of them.

EDIT: Okay, it looks like the second fdi file was the problem. Sorry about that. The 10.-wacom.fdi file you most recently posted, Favux, doesn't seem to play nice with the wcm2_patch driver, with my hardware. Wish I could say why, but there's no useful information in the log files.
    That's something you will have to remember. Each time you do the make install, it will copy the 10-linuxwacom.fdi (or 10-wacom.fdi) over the one in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty

I did that a few times as well and it is now the first place I'm looking when there is something not working as it was before the last patch.

I'll try the latest and greatest patch a little later tonight and report with the logs. I'll add the touch section in my .fdi file as well to see. And I'll revise my lshal to make sure the information I'm getting should match a 'contains="Wacom"'.

ehfortin

Beans

That's something you will have to remember. Each time you do the make install, it will copy the 10-linuxwacom.fdi (or 10-wacom.fdi) over the one in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty
    Yep, that's what the problem was. I had switched to using 10-wacom.fdi, but the compilation produces 10-linuxwacom.fdi, so with each compilation I was creating an fdi conflict. I'd spotted it before (when the difference between if0 and input was an issue), but had completely forgotten.

The latest patch is working as the others, with the alt.touch.fdi file, which also seems to work a treat.

Various outputs and logs attached, in the hope of them being useful. Gotta sign off for the night now.

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Hello,

I've tried the new patch. I guess the only way I can describe it is not worst, not better. To me, it seems the same. I still have to get in-range/out-of-range 2 times to switch from pen to eraser and back (except the first time). Note that it seems that it is at getting out-of-range the second time that it is switching, not when I'm getting back into range.

Otherwise said, I have this:

Pen
    Eraser
    Eraser (but was trying pen)
    Pen
    Pen (but was trying eraser

and so on. That's what you will see in my logs (messages and Xorg.0.log). I've also tried the buttons on the tablet and the touch.

I've included the .fdi and the lshal. Favux, for an unknown reason, it seems to work now with the containts on Wacom. I'll keep an eye on it as it was not working properly before. You will also see that the touch definition in the .fdi is there. The touch is in lshal as well. Don't know why it is not picking up.

I think it is pretty much what I can say for now.

ehfortin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
    Otherwise said, I have this:

Pen
    Eraser
    Eraser (but was trying pen)
    Pen
    Pen (but was trying eraser
    Ok. This could be a problem. I am seeing the pen/eraser/eraser/pen/pen results in your messages log, but you are saying that it should have been pen/eraser/pen/pen/eraser? If that is the case, we are going to have to re-evaluate the hardware data that is being sent. We were thinking that 0xf0 and 0xf1 were pen and 0xf8 and 0xf9 were eraser. From what you are saying, the message data results are not matching the actual actions. Is this correct?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Ok. This could be a problem. I am seeing the pen/eraser/eraser/pen/pen results in your messages log, but you are saying that it should have been pen/eraser/pen/pen/eraser? If that is the case, we are going to have to re-evaluate the hardware data that is being sent. We were thinking that 0xf0 and 0xf1 were pen and 0xf8 and 0xf9 were eraser. From what you are saying, the message data results are not matching the actual actions. Is this correct?
    My goal was to draw something, erase it, draw again. To do it, I saw gimp coming to stylus,eraser,eraser (even if I was on the stylus point), stylus, stylus (even if I was now on the eraser side), eraser.

I've not noticed if the f0, f1, f8 and f9 where wrong at these particular time. Usually, they are correct (f0 is in range with pen, f1 - contact with pen, f8 - in range with eraser, f9 - contact with eraser) and I can reproduce it as I want.

Note that I saw that the e0, e1, e8 and e9 are for the same situation but when I'm just on the border of the area (at the white line that is printed on the tablet). That's answer where it was coming from. These are reproducible as well.

I hope this clarify more what I was referring too.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
    My goal was to draw something, erase it, draw again. To do it, I saw gimp coming to stylus,eraser,eraser (even if I was on the stylus point), stylus, stylus (even if I was now on the eraser side), eraser.

I've not noticed if the f0, f1, f8 and f9 where wrong at these particular time. Usually, they are correct (f0 is in range with pen, f1 - contact with pen, f8 - in range with eraser, f9 - contact with eraser) and I can reproduce it as I want.

Note that I saw that the e0, e1, e8 and e9 are for the same situation but when I'm just on the border of the area (at the white line that is printed on the tablet). That's answer where it was coming from. These are reproducible as well.

I hope this clarify more what I was referring too.

ehfortin
    That is good to hear that you see that the messages are matching up. I will spend some time comparing the messages log with the xorg log to see where the differences are. Hopefully I can come up with something for tomorrow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi marek_online,

Good to see both of the test2 .fdi's worked for you. Disappointing that xinput doesn't show touch. That was with the alt.touch .fdi, correct? Messages seems to be seeing both events. Did you look at the xorg.conf I posted here?

Hi ehfortin,

I think it would be better to remove:
    Code:
        <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">touch</append>
    when trying to configure touch through if1. Interesting that hal-setup-wacom did generate a daughter for touch off if0. Xorg says:
    Code:
    (II) config/hal: Adding input device stylus touch
    The if1 line in the .fdi also seemed to configured if1 correctly. Maybe it's the combination that caused in Xorg.0.log:
    Code:
    (II) config/hal: Adding input device touch
    (**) touch: always reports core events
    (**) touch device is /dev/input/event8
    (**) Option "DebugLevel" "12"
    (**) WACOM: touch debug level set to 12
    (**) touch is in absolute mode
    (**) WACOM: suppress value is 2
    (**) Option "BaudRate" "9600"
    (**) touch: serial speed 9600
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "touch" (type: Wacom Touch)
    BEGIN xf86WcmProc dev=0xb229bd0 priv=0xb21e2e0 type=eraser(touch) flags=16642 fd=-1 what=INIT
    xf86WcmDevOpen
    opening /dev/input/event8
    (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event8"
    usbDetect
    touch Wacom X driver grabbed event device
    initializing USB tablet
    WACOM: touch max value(s) was wrong MaxTouchY = 0 MaxTouchY = 0.
    Failed to open device (fd=-1)
    xf86WcmProc INIT FAILED
    (EE) Couldn't init device "touch"
    xf86WcmUninit
    (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
    (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (1)
    But that's the first time I've seen touch stuff with debug. So it looks like progress to me! This:
    Code:
    WACOM: touch max value(s) was wrong MaxTouchY = 0 MaxTouchY = 0.
    may be actually telling us something. Is the resolution for touch the same as stylus? It isn't for the usb tablet pc's with touch.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    For now, I have created the two patches. This is for the 2.6.28 kernel only (Jaunty) and should cover the CTH-460, CTH-661, and the CTL-460 models. (quote from http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=144)
    What about the 2.6.31 kernel in Karmic, how could I get the driver to compile under Karmic?
    Now I'm reading "How to get help on Linux forums". Please join me.

Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast