Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

I tried the patch and it works, except for some wierd scrolling issue!
    It does some panning even if I don't touch any of the buttons of pen. Correlated with some Jaunty scrolling bug it keeps switching desktops.

Anyway I'm quite pleased I was able to start drawing.
    My first drawing ever with a tablet:

UPDATE: Oh, wait! The wierd scrolling issue is solved in the second patch...
    If only people would read what's laid plain in front of them...
    Last edited by bogdanbiv; October 23rd, 2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Applying the second patch
    Now I'm reading "How to get help on Linux forums". Please join me.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Before applying the wcm2_patch there are 2, well, 3 commands that one needs to execute:
    tar -xvjf wcm2_patch.tar.bz2 # extracting patch files from the archive
    cd linuxwacom-0.8.4-3 # change to wacom driver source directory
    cp ../wcm2_patch/*.patch . # copy the extracted files to the wacom driver directory

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Can you post the results of the /var/log/Xorg.0.log for the time when the mouse is not working? If you reboot, then the file is /var/log/Xorg.0.log. As far as I know, the code should not have affected your mouse (unless there is one on the Wacom device). The rules on how the kernel moudle grabs devices have not changed. The Xorg.0.log will help and see if xorg did not like something.

Also, the /var/log/messages detail might help too. It will also let us know if the mouse was found by the kernel.

The first set of logs that you sent was different than the others because it contained extra codes that have not been seen yet. Do you recall if that test was with touch?

I will be creating another patch soon that will provide some detail about data[6] and data[7] (the two values being used for pressre) again. Am I correct that only the 0xD2 (johnny2K) and the 0xD3 (ehfortin) have the max pressure at 1024 and the other two have 512?
    Sorry, let me rephrase that: I can't use my bamboo to move the mouse any more, but my actual mouse still works.

I have 1024 pressure levels as well, I think.

EDIT: I did not press very hard when I was touching the pen to the pad so you might not see the maximum pressure.

Xorg.0.log and messages attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TheguywholikesLINUX; October 23rd, 2009 at 09:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by TheguywholikesLINUX View Post
    Sorry, let me rephrase that: I can't use my bamboo to move the mouse any more, but my actual mouse still works
    I'm experiencing the same problem! It worked quite well without the second patch and I was pleased with it - in spite of the scrolling issue.

After I applied the second patch and restarted, the pen _did work_ as a mouse cursor for a few seconds, but after Gnome loaded the pen could not move the cursor more than a few pixels. It does move the cursor (sometimes...), but it's barely visible. Pen buttons work just fine - upper button activates right click menu and lower button changes the mouse cursor into "scrolling mode". So only pressure and left click do not work.
    Last edited by bogdanbiv; October 23rd, 2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added archived log messages

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by TheguywholikesLINUX View Post
    Sorry, let me rephrase that: I can't use my bamboo to move the mouse any more, but my actual mouse still works.

I have 1024 pressure levels as well, I think.

EDIT: I did not press very hard when I was touching the pen to the pad so you might not see the maximum pressure.

Xorg.0.log and messages attached.
    Based on the Xorg.0.log file, the device never was loaded. My guess is that either the .fdi or xorg.conf file you are using is not working for your device. Some of the group are using the .fdi file from 0.8.4-5 from this post. You might try that one. You can also post your .fdi file from (/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty or /etc/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty) or your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and we can look at it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bogdanbiv View Post
    I'm experiencing the same problem! It worked quite well without the second patch and I was pleased with it - in spite of the scrolling issue.

After I applied the second patch and restarted, the pen _did work_ as a mouse cursor for a few seconds, but after Gnome loaded the pen could not move the cursor more than a few pixels. It does move the cursor (sometimes...), but it's barely visible. Pen buttons work just fine - upper button activates right click menu and lower button changes the mouse cursor into "scrolling mode". So only pressure and left click do not work.
    If that is the case, I will go ahead and revert the input_dev to point to the original version.

EDIT: The wcm2_patch has been reverted to not have the input_dev but the code for the wheel is still removed.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 23rd, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bogdanbiv View Post

Is your log information from the wcm_working_patch? It looks to be that way because the messages file has [wacom] instead of [wacom-X] where is X is a number.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

What I was thinking is that event7 exists currently but for some reason the wacom xorg module cannot use it. I was wondering if you are still able to receive any data from /dev/input/event7:
    Code:
    sudo hexdump /dev/input/event7
    If so, does it work with the pen and the finger?

If it does work for either one, you might try to set up the stylus on event7 and see what happens. So, yes, it is sorta what I am looking for.
    I don't seems to get anything. Right now, my stylus is working and I can't see hexdump results. I guess once the driver is loaded and X is using the device, we can't listen to it anymore.

I saw in my latest test that if I create multiple InputDevice in xorg.conf on the same /dev/input/wacom, even if I was calling for a type "touch", it was initialized as an "eraser". So, I've created a xorg.conf calling /dev/input/wacom and /dev/input/wacom-touch 5 times and tried the various type. As you can see, stylus, eraser, pad and cursor are responding with the proper type. Touch is always getting back a "eraser" type.

If I understand well, both device (wacom and wacom-touch) all worked. Nothing was working in X but... that's another story and I don't care at this point because it was not the purpose of the test.

I'm including the content of xorg.conf and the logs I got in messages and Xorg.0.log. I've tried both the touch mode (finger pressure, left buttons) and the stylus. I only saw log for the stylus part. But I let you look at it, hoping you will see something I missed.

I guess I'll go for the newest patch kit to see if I'm getting result that diverge from the other who tried it sooner today. I'll keep you posted.

ehfortin

Beans

Based on the Xorg.0.log file, the device never was loaded. My guess is that either the .fdi or xorg.conf file you are using is not working for your device. Some of the group are using the .fdi file from 0.8.4-5 from this post. You might try that one. You can also post your .fdi file from (/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty or /etc/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty) or your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and we can look at it.
    Here they are:

/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-wacom.fdi:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
      <device>
        <match key="input.originating_device" contains="if0">
          <match key="info.product" contains="Wacom">
            <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wacom</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">stylus</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.DebugLevel" type="string">11</merge>
            <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
          </match>
        </match>
      </device>
    </deviceinfo>
    and /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Code:
    # nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
    # nvidia-settings:  version 1.0  (buildd@crested)  Sun Feb  1 20:25:37 UTC 2009

# xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
    #
    # This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
    # values from the debconf database.
    #
    # Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
    # (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
    #
    # This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
    # if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
    # package.
    #
    # Note that some configuration settings that could be done previously
    # in this file, now are automatically configured by the server and settings
    # here are ignored.
    #
    # If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
    # again, run the following command:
    #   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load           "glx"
    EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option         "Xinerama" "0"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        # generated from default
        Identifier     "Keyboard0"
        Driver         "kbd"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        # generated from default
        Identifier     "Mouse0"
        Driver         "mouse"
        Option         "Protocol" "auto"
        Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier     "Configured Monitor"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier     "Monitor0"
        VendorName     "Unknown"
        ModelName      "Dell E151FPp"
        HorizSync       30.0 - 61.0
        VertRefresh     56.0 - 76.0
    EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier     "Configured Video Device"
        Driver         "nvidia"
        Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier     "Device0"
        Driver         "nvidia"
        VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
        BoardName      "GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier     "Default Screen"
        Device         "Configured Video Device"
        Monitor        "Configured Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier     "Screen0"
        Device         "Device0"
        Monitor        "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth    24
        Option         "TwinView" "1"
        Option         "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "CRT-0"
        Option         "metamodes" "CRT-0: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, CRT-1: nvidia-auto-select +1024+0"
        SubSection     "Display"
            Depth       24
        EndSubSection
    EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option "Composite" "Enable"
    EndSection

Beans

I just changed my 10-wacom.fdi to the one you mentioned above.

Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast