Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    The Xorg.0.log that you attached does not have any pen movements. However, I think I have enough information right now with TheguywholikesLINUX's Xorg.0.log data.

I did make the update to the patch to include all 0xfN stylus and eraser codes. The only missing ones are the 0xeN ones. When you have a chance, can you try that patch out and let me know if it is any different? Thanks for doing all this!
    The Xorg.0.log never has any data related to x,y position. Are you talking about /var/log/messages that has thousand of these movement in it? I never had any movement data in Xorg.0.log and that may be because I'm not using the xorg.conf to define the tablet. I'm only using the .fdi file which give me plug&play usage.

May it be why we don't seems to talk about the same thing?

BTW, you are telling me that you updated the code. Is that still in post #144 I've not looked yet as I'm on the road right now.

Thank you.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
    The Xorg.0.log never has any data related to x,y position. Are you talking about /var/log/messages that has thousand of these movement in it? I never had any movement data in Xorg.0.log and that may be because I'm not using the xorg.conf to define the tablet. I'm only using the .fdi file which give me plug&play usage.

May it be why we don't seems to talk about the same thing?

BTW, you are telling me that you updated the code. Is that still in post #144 I've not looked yet as I'm on the road right now.

Thank you.

ehfortin
    Oops. Maybe I should try to get more sleep sometime soon. I meant /var/log/messages. Sorry about that. And yes, the code is still at post 144.

You mentioned that you are using the .fdi file. Is that the default one from 0.8.5? If so, can you add the DebugLevel in there:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <!-- this is probably a bit imprecise -->
    <deviceinfo version="0.2">
      <device>
        <match key="info.category" contains="input">
          <match key="info.product" contains_outof="Wacom">
        <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wacom</merge>
        <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">stylus</merge>
        <merge key="input.x11_options.DebugLevel" type="string">12</merge>
        <append key="info.callouts.add" type="strlist">hal-setup-wacom</append>
        <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">eraser</append>
        <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">cursor</append>
        <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">pad</append>
        <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">touch</append>
          </match>
        </match>
        <match key="info.capabilities" contains="serial">
          <match key="@info.parent:pnp.id" contains_outof="WACf001;WACf002;WACf003;WACf004;WACf005;WACf006;WACf007;WACf008;WACf009;WACf00a;WACf00b;WACf00c;FUJ02e5">
        <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">input</append>
        <merge key="input.x11_options.ForceDevice" type="string">ISDV4</merge>
        <merge key="input.device" type="copy_property">serial.device</merge>
            <match key="@info.parent:pnp.id" contains_outof="WACf008;WACf009">
          <!-- Serial tablets with touch capabilities -->
          <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">touch</append>
        </match>
          </match>
        </match>
      </device>
      <!-- Match the Wacom Bluetooth A5 pen tablet -->
      <device>
        <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.mouse">
          <match key="info.product" contains="WACOM">
            <match key="info.product" contains="Tablet">
          <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">cursor</append>
            </match>
          </match>
        </match>
      </device>
    </deviceinfo>
    If we are still not able to get the cursor working properly, we are going to need some debug information from Xorg.0.log along with /var/log/messages. This will help us see what code is not being translated properly.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 21st, 2009 at 05:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Ayuthia,

Yes, I'm using the stock 0.8.5 fdi file. I've added the debug statement in it.

As for the new patch, it doesn't seems complete. I can't patch -p1 < wacom_wac.c.patch as there is no file name in the patch file. Is there another way of applying it? Right now, it seems like a diff only.

Thanks.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro

Hi Ayuthia,

Yes, I'm using the stock 0.8.5 fdi file. I've added the debug statement in it.

As for the new patch, it doesn't seems complete. I can't patch -p1 < wacom_wac.c.patch as there is no file name in the patch file. Is there another way of applying it? Right now, it seems like a diff only.

Thanks.

ehfortin
    I forgot to add a couple of options to the diff command to make the header. It is now updated.

Beans
    Distro

Ok. Did implement the new code and activate debug code. I've flushed the log files and rebooted. In the files I'm sending you, you will find the following:

Xorg.init and messages.init: Logs as per after boot. Note that the tablet was not working at that point even if recognized during the boot startup and by X as well. Don't know why I need to connect the tablet while OS is on to have it working.

Xorg.connect.touch and messages.connect.touch: Logs once I disconnected and reconnected the tablet and put the pen point on the table for a short line

Xorg.draw.erase.draw and messages.draw.erase.draw: Logs once I draw something, erase it, lost the pointer, recover the pointer, redraw something, erase again and re-loose the pointer.

So, the last one is kind of a normal usage scenario. Note that all logs are always in full from the beginning so if you want to see the new stuff, you may have to do a diff between each iteration.

Let me know if you need a precise test.

Thanks

ehfortin
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ehfortin; October 21st, 2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Added details after the boot - tablet not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi ehfortin,

So, if somebody has an idea why or has a .rules that is more efficient then the one I have (which currently is the one from 0.8.5 as well), it would be great and I could try the xorg.conf modification that should give me my tablet back after a reboot (right now I have to disconnect/reconnect it once to have it working in X even if it is recognized by the boot process in /var/log/messages).
    I'm not sure I understand. Are you using the default wacom.rules that came with 0.8.5? Because that doesn't have a symlink rule for your tablet. For a touch enabled Bamboo it would look something like:
    Code:
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00d1",  SYMLINK="input/tablet-wacom-bamboo-pen_touch-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"
    I described it in more detail in posts #42 and 44.

You're using Ayuthia's patches on 0.8.4-3 correct?

Beans
    Distro

Xorg.draw.erase.draw and messages.draw.erase.draw: Logs once I draw something, erase it, lost the pointer, recover the pointer, redraw something, erase again and re-loose the pointer.
    Do you only lose the pointer when you switch to the eraser? I am trying to pinpoint the issue in the code.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi ehfortin,

I'm not sure I understand. Are you using the default wacom.rules that came with 0.8.5? Because that doesn't have a symlink rule for your tablet. For a touch enabled Bamboo it would look something like:
    Code:
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00d1",  SYMLINK="input/tablet-wacom-bamboo-pen_touch-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"
    I described it in more detail in posts #42 and 44.

You're using Ayuthia's patches on 0.8.4-3 correct?
    I've tried using the default wacom.rules that came with 0.8.5. Yes, it is creating a input/wacom and input/wacom-touch symlink. That's the last part of the file. I've also tried to create a specific line for my 00d3 tablet and it was creating a third symlink with a name similar to input/tablet-wacom-bamboo-xxx (I don't remember what I put at this time). I may have not use the proper name but my interest was more about the fact that it was linked to the same event as input/wacom and... it was not the proper one. Each time I reconnect the tablet, the event # changes but the symlinks are always relinked to event7 and event8.

I'll try again now that we have code that is a lot more functional as two days ago and I'll let you know.

BTW, yes I'm using the patches made by Ayuthia.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro

I have modified the patch to debug the resetting of the tools a little bit. Hopefully it will help us see why the eraser is not getting cleared or why the pen is not starting up again. I have also commented out a portion of the code where it was reporting pad data because the data it was trying to report is not correct.

The other big change is that the code is now using the graphire init code instead of the wacom_mo version. I don't think that it is going to make a difference because the items that they are initializing are values that I don't think we are using. I just wanted to verify that it does not make a difference.

Beans
    Distro

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not workingea

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Do you only lose the pointer when you switch to the eraser? I am trying to pinpoint the issue in the code.
    Right now, it seems so. I've spotted a pattern that make it work. Once I reverse from the eraser back to the pen point, I'm going near the tablet once (I have a orange led showing that I'm near the tablet), take the point out of range and then back to range and it is picking up the pointer the second time. On the log, I see nothing different. I see movement (reported by the log) but the pointer is not moving on screen.

BTW, I've noticed something and would like to make sure it is correct. When I move the pointer (with the stylus), if I click on a webpage or a URL, it is opening the right click menu. I was expecting it to select the URL like if I do a left click on my mouse.

If I go on the ubuntu menu (top), and touch the tablet with the pen, it is opening the menu (not like a right click).

So, I'm not sure why something it is acting like a right click and something like a left click. In Xournal, a touch will draw a point (equivalent to left-click). The right-click become using the bottom button. I guess Xournal is probably remapping some stuff. But an application like Firefox vs the ubuntu menu should both see the same action (pen touch = selection = left click of a mouse), right? At least, it seems right to me.

What do you think?

ehfortin

Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast