Thread: Canon MP730 > Network Printer?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Question Canon MP730 > Network Printer?

I'd like to make my Canon MP730 accessible to both my laptop & my second PC.

My main computer, the one that has everything hooked up to it (the D-Link DIR-655 router, the Canon MP730 inkjet printer, VOIP, etc.) is in the basement.

I have a laptop & a second desktop PC (which is upstairs), both of which connect to the main computer wirelessly. Here's my setup.

Main Computer - Windows Vista Home Premium

Laptop & Second Desktop PC - Ubuntu 9.04

Is there any way I can send print jobs to my Canon MP730 wirelessly from both the laptop & the second desktop PC?
    Oh you'll get yours, Microsoft.

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Canon MP730 > Network Printer?

Nobody knows how to do this?

Wow.

Beans

Re: Canon MP730 > Network Printer?

Not sure if this will be of any help - I am actually looking for some answers myself.

However, I am looking at lpr and I've seen CUPS as two printer programs. You may want to search for these and most probably your Ubuntu has them already.

I know there are ways to send print jobs to IP addresses but as I said, I am looking for answers myself.

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Canon MP730 > Network Printer?

Quote Originally Posted by v333k View Post
    Not sure if this will be of any help - I am actually looking for some answers myself.

However, I am looking at lpr and I've seen CUPS as two printer programs. You may want to search for these and most probably your Ubuntu has them already.

I know there are ways to send print jobs to IP addresses but as I said, I am looking for answers myself.

lpr? Cups?

You lost me. Hmmmmm I will Google this stuff up and see what I can dig up.