Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 9.04 and HP Mini 311 with nVidia Ion LE

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 and HP Mini 311 with nVidia Ion LE

Anybody here using Conky? I need some guidence on getting the load and temp (in Farenheit) for the ion GPU.

Beans

I now managed to install via cdrom - without any problems (had massive problems with USB-Install).

Nearly everything worked ootb. The only thing thats missing is display of time remaining with battery (it shows the load in % but not the time). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Thorsten

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kjacques View Post
    Anybody here using Conky? I need some guidence on getting the load and temp (in Farenheit) for the ion GPU.
    I don't know how you'd find the load, but the temperature in Celsius can be determined through the nvidia-settings applet. I'm not sure how you'd get that programmatically though...

Beans

I'm having a heckuvatime getting my Mini 311's bluetooth adapter to work. Karmic will see the adapter prior to installing the Broadcom STA drivers but then.. nothing. I have the BCM4312 b/g variant. Any suggestions?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by watchthestars View Post
    I'm having a heckuvatime getting my Mini 311's bluetooth adapter to work. Karmic will see the adapter prior to installing the Broadcom STA drivers but then.. nothing. I have the BCM4312 b/g variant. Any suggestions?
    I'm using the 802.11n version, and I haven't run into this problem. That said, is the RF kill switch activated? Is the indicator behind it blue (wireless enabled) or orange (wireless disabled)? Make sure that wireless is enabled, or the USB endpoint for the Bluetooth HCI device will go bye-bye.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by demonfoo View Post
    I'm using the 802.11n version, and I haven't run into this problem. That said, is the RF kill switch activated? Is the indicator behind it blue (wireless enabled) or orange (wireless disabled)? Make sure that wireless is enabled, or the USB endpoint for the Bluetooth HCI device will go bye-bye.
    I think I'm getting a bit closer to successfully running both at the same time. When I remove the STA driver suggested by System > Administration > Hardware Drivers and reboot, bluetooth-applet starts up just fine at login and works just fine. The RF switch is orange at this point and the wifi doesn't function. Pressing the RF switch results in turning off the bluetooth and no change in the color. I then downloaded and compiled the BCM3412 drivers straight from Broadcom and had BT and Wifi until a reboot. I lost the wifi after the reboot, but the BT was still there. Finally, I reinstalled the STA drivers from hardware manager and rebooted. This time BT & Wifi were working... until I hit the RF switch. Both stopped and hitting the switch again resulted in only Wifi coming back up. Running sudo bluetooth-applet results in...

$ sudo bluetooth-applet

At this point I think it's the RF switch state somehow preventing bluetooth-applet from running. Could I be right?

Edit: Solved. I downloaded ndiswrapper and used the windows drivers supplied by HP. Everything works.
    Last edited by watchthestars; November 18th, 2009 at 05:57 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

just out of curiosity as i'm also looking into getting me a compaq mini311c.. does rmmod'ing at suspend and insmod'ing at resume of all bt related modules help the suspend-resume failure? instead of turning it off manually at suspend?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by djurny View Post
    just out of curiosity as i'm also looking into getting me a compaq mini311c.. does rmmod'ing at suspend and insmod'ing at resume of all bt related modules help the suspend-resume failure? instead of turning it off manually at suspend?
    I suspend my Mini 311 all the time without having to unload any drivers. You should definitely run 9.10 at this point.

Beans

HP mini 311.

Having absolutely no luck with installing Ubuntu.

UNR 9.10
    After install I get past grub, past splash screen to a blinking cursor constantly flashing asking me to log in which, because it's constantly flashing is all but impossible. This is both installing 9.10 from live thumb drive and from upgrading from 9.04.

UNR 9.04
    After install I can boot into it. Everything in the OS is creeping along. I click on something it takes about five to ten seconds to react. Once I open firefox, I can get around inside firefox at a decent pace but if I minimize it, it's like the refresh rate is crap, then I have to wait for the ability to click on anything else in the OS.

I've installed 9.04 & 9.10 from live thumb drives... burned them to CD and installed from usb live CD. Installed 9.04 and then tried to upgrade to 9.10.

Nothing is working. I wish I could just get to where you guys are so at least the system is up. I'm doing a full install for the whole hard drive. No dual booting. I'd like to be on ext4 as and not upgrading to 9.10 using the ext3 system.

Beans

I think your upgrade problem is related to this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...80/+bug/474917

If I were you I'd just install the latest 190.42 driver from nvidia's website.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast