Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: How do I Install k10temp?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Beans
    49
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    "BUMP"

    So no one knows how to get this going again.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Beans
    13

    Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    aww pete, you just gotta go follow all the directions from the start again basically. if you still have the files from last time just do a make && sudo make install and you'll be all set

    this thread sucks though, i'm outta here, good luck

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Beans
    49
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    Quote Originally Posted by qbxk View Post
    aww pete, you just gotta go follow all the directions from the start again basically. if you still have the files from last time just do a make && sudo make install and you'll be all set

    this thread sucks though, i'm outta here, good luck
    ================================================== ============

    Sorry to say that's not much help, I don't read minds.

    The steps would be more helpful, if known!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mount Horeb, WI
    Beans
    4,312
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    If you still have the k10temp folder, you just need to go back into there and then start at step 4 (in case the linux header files are not there).

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Beans
    117
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Wrong temp reading Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    Hi,
    I have compiled and inserted k10temp but the temperature it reads is 0C.
    Is there any file I have to configure ?
    Here below some additional info:

    $ uname -a
    Linux HomeX6 2.6.32-25-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 17 20:05:27 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

    ----

    $ sensors
    k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +0.0°C (high = +70.0°C)
    ----

    $ lsmod | grep k10
    k10temp 3447 0

    -------
    Hardware:
    ASrock 880g Extreme3
    CPU AMD x6 1055T

    Thanks
    Palmer

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    927
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Leman View Post
    The steps would be more helpful, if known!
    I think he means the steps in the first post.

    Quote Originally Posted by qbxk View Post
    this thread sucks though, i'm outta here, good luck
    Sorry, I just posted the instructions because I thought they might be helpful to someone - apart from understanding the commands themselves, I know very little about the subject. I gave up on temperature monitoring myself a while back.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mount Horeb, WI
    Beans
    4,312
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wrong temp reading Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    Quote Originally Posted by pcolamar View Post
    Hi,
    I have compiled and inserted k10temp but the temperature it reads is 0C.
    Is there any file I have to configure ?
    Here below some additional info:

    $ uname -a
    Linux HomeX6 2.6.32-25-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 17 20:05:27 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

    ----

    $ sensors
    k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +0.0°C (high = +70.0°C)
    ----

    $ lsmod | grep k10
    k10temp 3447 0

    -------
    Hardware:
    ASrock 880g Extreme3
    CPU AMD x6 1055T

    Thanks
    Palmer
    Can you check the results of:
    Code:
    cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input
    I think that is where it is located.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    78

    Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    This thread is marked solved? can you please explain. thanks

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    927
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    Quote Originally Posted by smuggly View Post
    This thread is marked solved? can you please explain. thanks
    I no longer want information on the subject. If you want information on the subject, feel free to start a new thread.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mount Horeb, WI
    Beans
    4,312
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: How do I Install k10temp?

    The most recent version of the k10 kernel module along with a sensors (and lm_sensors) version of 3.1.2 or greater should get it to work. I have not tested it in Maverick or Lucid, but sensors is reporting the information for me in Gentoo. I am currently using a 2.6.35 kernel which is the same as Maverick.

    EDIT: The k10temp module is in Maverick (without having to build it) and sensors seems to read it fine for the temp. I have not been able to get sensors read the sensors.conf file for Lucid though.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 12th, 2010 at 12:41 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •