Thread: Webcam & Microphone problem

Beans

Webcam & Microphone problem

Hi guys,
    I am pretty new in the Linux world and I have some difficulties doing basic stuff. Okay yesterday I got to install Skype thanks to the forum, and today I am stuck with the webcam and sound installation.
    When I plug in my webcam, there is the green light on the webcam on as if I was constantly using it. But when I am making a call on Skype, there is no webcam and no microphone. It doesnt recognize it actually. Maybe bcause its a Microsoft ?
    Its a LifeCam VX-1000.
    Also, I have a laptop and there is an integrated microphone but Linux doesnt seem to recognize it either. Thanks very much for your time and help.

Beans

Re: Webcam & Microphone problem

Pleasse... Help me !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm terrible with computers and new to linux (not a good combination).
    I'm having a similar problem. I cannot get my microphone to work, either the one built in with my camera (VX3000 I believe), or the mic from a headset I have.

Have you tried testing your video cam in the Skype Menu? (Options > Video Devices) Is the right type of advice entered?

Does anybody have any advice for the microphone issue?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

sudo apt-get install subversion build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r) && wget http://linuxtv.org/hg/~jfrancois/gsp...ve/tip.tar.bz2 && tar xf tip.tar.bz2 && cd gspca-* && make && sudo make install && sudo depmod -ae $(uname -r)