Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acer Aspire 1410 RED

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Acer Aspire 1410 RED

Well, I guess these 1410-s are all different, then. 1410 is just a series number, with actual models being something like ZH7 (in my case). They may have very different specs and hardware, too.

Beans

Well from what I know there are mainly two models the 11.5 inch screen ones and the 15 inch screen ones. We are talking about the 11 inch ones (that's what I have) if it's helpfull my model code is 1410-743G25n

Beans
    Distro

That looks like a serial number. The model number is on the black patch with all CE marks etc. and an Acer logo.

It says something like:

Aspire 1410 series
    MODEL.NO.: ZH7

(in my case)

Beans

Yeap checked it's also ZH7.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

hi there,

my girlfriend also has a ZH7, but packed for/by Packard Bell and has also the 5100 card.

I plan getting the dual core 1810tz this week, I'll see what wifi I get.
    Busques ajuda? Comença pel wiki de l'equip català!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi,

I finally got the 1810tz and it also feature the Intel 1000 card. I've installed karmic and the card works out of the box, so everything is fine.
    Busques ajuda? Comença pel wiki de l'equip català!

Beans
    Distro

Today, after a system upgrade (to a kernel 2.6.31-16) I had the problem with WiFi reappearing again. But this time it would load the firmware and all is nice, until I tried to connect to my home network AP, which is configured to use a 128-bit WEP key for encryption. It wouldn't connect anymore. Something tells me the problem is in the recent kernel's driver, but it might be something else.

OK, after reconfiguring my WiFi AP to only accept Open System WEP, it suddenly started working. It was set to "Both", i.e. to both Open System and Shared Key authentication mechanisms before.
    Last edited by deemoowoor; December 11th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Acer Olympic 1410

This looks like the closest thread relevant to my question...

So, I have this shiny new Acer 'Olympic Edition' 1410 - that's the 11.6" sort-of-netbook, with the dual-core SU3500.

I'm trying Wubi first as I've no intention of taking the chance of wrecking Win7 (any further, ha) with a partition unless I know Ubuntu actually works first.... uh, which it doesn't.

The problem I've experienced are, 9.10 Wubi drops into bash on bootup... as has been documented elsewhere.

9.04 Wubi runs but recognizes neither wireless, ethernet, nor suspend when I close the clamshell.

I might be willing to spend, say, two hours getting this to work, but what do you think? Is there a reasonable fix for this or would I be better advised to wait for the next LTS when of course all of these issues will be fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12