Thread: hospital made a mistake, should i pay twice?

Beans
    Hidden!

hospital made a mistake, should i pay twice?

I recently went into physical therapy to be fitted for a burn compression garment on my lower leg/ankle. They measured my leg and said they would call me back when it came in. They clearly knew i had been burned.

SO two weeks go by and they call me saying they made a mistake and i had to go back in to be measured for a compression garment for burns, and they had mistakenly measured me for a compression garment for lymph edema.

So I told them ok, but i should not have to pay again for it is their mistake. The therapist says you have to pay every time you go in regardless of errors. And she said why do I care since the insurance is paying? And then I told her I have to pay a copay and this is not right paying twice for their mistake. SO she said she would talk to her manager.

What would you do? they wont see me for a remeasure unless I pay again. I think this is fraud. And not just me but for the insurance company too. It will cost me another $50 and the insurance much more.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: hospital made a mistake, should i pay twice?

Please don't use this forum for health or financial advice, you are more than likely to get the wrong answers. This thread is closed.