Thread: Can't load previous .sav file to VBA.

Beans

Can't load previous .sav file to VBA.

I had VBA when I was running XP and started playing Pokemon Crystal. It's a game boy color game, btw. I remember there being a setting in the windows version for that. When I switched to Ubuntu, I saved the roms and 1 .sav file and 2 .sgm files.

I just downloaded the front-end VBA through synaptic, and I can get the rom to open and play just fine (the intro at least) but I can't get it to load my saved game.

I have a bit of terminal experience installing and moding dos-box, but that was from heavy tutorial use and some help from a more experienced friend. If you can teach me more ways to use commands, I'm not adverse to that.

Help please?

Beans

Re: Can't load previous .sav file to VBA.

The save files are in the same folder as the ROMs. I have no idea why the emulator can't find them other then it hasn't been configured properly. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

try putting the save file in ~/.vba directory, or setting the save path with vbaexpress. I don't think it defaults to the ROMs directory.
    Last edited by Grishka; October 6th, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Beans

I tried configuring it with the front-end, but nothing really seems to be working. Is there a walkthrough or an faq for configuring VBA express?

Also I've only been messing around with the system for about 2 weeks, so I don't know my way around system/root (not home) directories.