Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHEBUNTU Project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

SHEBUNTU Project

Hi to All
    My name is Ivan fro Italy and I'm Ubuntu user and I love this OS
    I created a new project on Launchpad and I'm just asking you help about that

https://launchpad.net/ubuntushe

SHEBUNTU would be a new version based on Ubuntu dedicated to women world.
    Ubuntu is a Debian-based operating system that is having considerable success in the world of Linux and Open Source, but I believe and am convinced that the majority of users are men.
    The purpose and the goal of this project is to raise awareness and bring this OS to the world of women by giving all women the opportunity to understand and use SHEBUNTU operating system.
    In surveys carried out most of the women interviewed, want a simple and already complete system with no further complications in the installation of programs or other, SHEBUNTU wants to satisfy this request by using already potential and ease of installation and hardware recognition of Ubuntu, but with the peculiarity of having everything already installed, tools,links and programs dedicated to women, plus special graphics, backgrounds, themes and logos for women too.
    I think this can help the Ubuntu community to widen the already large number of users, while giving all women the chance to appreciate an operating system dedicated to them

<<My wife doesn't want use Ubuntu yet so I want create a new version of Ubuntu for all female world, simple version based on Ubuntu for approach all women at the Linux and Open Source world with installed all tools, programs and utility for them, like horoscope, fertility calculation, diary, meteo, links at the most famous female sites,pidgin plugins, skype, with female themes.....and many other>>

Please let me know
    We just looking for:

• Graphics for the new themes,usplash,logo and wallpapers
    • New female programs,tools and links list
    • Collaborators

Thanks to all
    Regards
    Ivan

Beans
    Distro

SHEBUNTU Project

Hi to All
    My name is Ivan fro Italy and I'm Ubuntu user and I love this OS
    I created a new project on Launchpad and I'm just asking you help about that

https://launchpad.net/ubuntushe

SHEBUNTU would be a new version based on Ubuntu dedicated to women world.
    Ubuntu is a Debian-based operating system that is having considerable success in the world of Linux and Open Source, but I believe and am convinced that the majority of users are men.
    The purpose and the goal of this project is to raise awareness and bring this OS to the world of women by giving all women the opportunity to understand and use SHEBUNTU operating system.
    In surveys carried out most of the women interviewed, want a simple and already complete system with no further complications in the installation of programs or other, SHEBUNTU wants to satisfy this request by using already potential and ease of installation and hardware recognition of Ubuntu, but with the peculiarity of having everything already installed, tools,links and programs dedicated to women, plus special graphics, backgrounds, themes and logos for women too.
    I think this can help the Ubuntu community to widen the already large number of users, while giving all women the chance to appreciate an operating system dedicated to them

<<My wife doesn't want use Ubuntu yet so I want create a new version of Ubuntu for all female world, simple version based on Ubuntu for approach all women at the Linux and Open Source world with installed all tools, programs and utility for them, like horoscope, fertility calculation, diary, meteo, links at the most famous female sites,pidgin plugins, skype, with female themes.....and many other>>

Please let me know
    We just looking for:

• Graphics for the new themes,usplash,logo and wallpapers
    • New female programs,tools and links list
    • Collaborators

Thanks to all
    Regards
    Ivan

Beans

Re: SHEBUNTU Project

fertility calculation
    LOL

well anyways, good luck sir.

and let us know if you are having any technical difficulties with your project (aside form females looking at you in amused bewilderment).
    Semper Fi

My Non-Ubuntu Blog.
    All posts by me are Public Domain.

Beans
    Distro

yeah my friend Can you help us?

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans
    Distro

nice but this is for teenagers!

-grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Pardon if I may, but this distro sounds, at best, sexist. Also: Another fork of Ubuntu? Really?

Beans

Ivan, I think that if a Ubuntu derivative, being aimed at meeting the requirements of the female of our species is required, that it should be organised by the female Ubuntu users themselves.

I've learned over the last 50+ years that the male & the female brains are very different. There are quite a number of scientifically based books on the topic.

Being a male, making a Ubuntu for the female, is certainly not a situation I would want to put myself into.

I take my hat off to you, though it could be for your funeral...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by -grubby View Post
    Pardon if I may, but this distro sounds, at best, sexist. Also: Another fork of Ubuntu? Really?
    If the fork was made by one, or preferably a team of females, I don't think there would be too much opposition.

As far as being sexist is concerned? That really is a very interesting statement.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Handy
    thanks for your message
    yeah I know what you mean, I contacted the ubuntu female community for ask them help, I think that all us can organise this project with the everybody help right?
    let me know if you can help us, join at our teams.......... we can throw the hook!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast