Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SHEBUNTU Project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
    Hi
    thanks to all for the messages
    I'm just trying to contact all women community for this project, anyway i will try with the debian community, I love Linux Mint, What do you mean with "as it already meets many of your requirements."?
    Anyway I received a email from canonical about the request of my project and i'm just waiting for their answer jet, I don't wanna change all code I wanna also customize the usplash, logos and System for the woman plus install more tools and programs dedicated to them.

I think this can help the Ubuntu community to widen the already large number of users, while giving all women the chance to appreciate an operating system dedicated to them

Quote Originally Posted by JillSwift View Post
    I can't tell if this is serious or not.

I hope not.

Because if this were to be serious, it'd be gawdamn insulting. I mean, the other specialized Ubuntus were arranged for special interests - and made some sense in that regard. But women are not a special interest group. We have our individual interests - and I can assure you that the suggested collection of packages for this superfluous idea hardly stand representative of anything other than some bizarre stereotype.
    Thanks Sean Can you help us with new usplash,logo themes wallpapers graphics?

My friend Jill I'm serious anyway I can respect your opinion, read my message, I believe and am convinced that the majority of users are men.

<<In surveys carried out most of the women interviewed, want a simple and already complete system with no further complications in the installation of programs or other, SHEBUNTU wants to satisfy this request by using already potential and ease of installation and hardware recognition of Ubuntu, but with the peculiarity of having everything already installed, tools,links and programs dedicated to women, plus special graphics, backgrounds, themes and logos for women too>>

This project can help Ubuntu community
    Last edited by macogw; September 29th, 2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: double post

Beans

Re: SHEBUNTU Project

I agree with whoever said that Linux Mint meets most of your requirements already.

All you need to do if you must do something, is perhaps make a new theme for Mint.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

We [Ubuntu Women Project] are not separatists. Forking just makes our community even smaller. Imagine if half the Ubuntu Women went to your project. There'd be even fewer of us! Instead of forking, why don't you work on improving Ubuntu? There's nothing male-specific about it. Besides, making a disto for women just opens us up to MORE harassment of the "aww, the stupid women can't even use a REAL distro" form.
    Last edited by macogw; September 29th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro

Hi Handy
    I'm using also Mint gloria and felicia are very nice version but let me know more about your message

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by ivan.serra View Post
    Thanks Sean Can you help us with new usplash,logo themes wallpapers graphics?
    Ivan, you've guessed me fairly welll as I only finalised my first ever usplash theme (that I started work on on Saturday) this morning. It is for another distribution and it really is a coincidence that you mentioned it, so stay in touch and I will do what I can to assist. I live on GMT+8 and am generally here most of the day between around 6am and 8pm (midnight and 14:00 your time) 7 days a week, so let me know when and how I can help and I will do my best, no charge as usual because I'm already stony broke so let's save money.
    The code is free but the data is priceless.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ivan.serra View Post
    I love Linux Mint, What do you mean with "as it already meets many of your requirements."?
    you stated that it should not require tinkering and configuring. And should be able to handle flash, mp3, and all propietary stuff out of the box.
    Mint does that. And fror the same reasons you won't be allowed to use ubuntu in the name and logo

the same happenbed with ubuntu ultimate edition now called simply ultimate edition
    AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2,8 GHz - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P - 6 GB RAM Mushkin DDR3 1333 - ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB DDR3

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JillSwift View Post
    I can't tell if this is serious or not.

I hope not.

Because if this were to be serious, it'd be gawdamn insulting. I mean, the other specialized Ubuntus were arranged for special interests - and made some sense in that regard. But women are not a special interest group. We have our individual interests - and I can assure you that the suggested collection of packages for this superfluous idea hardly stand representative of anything other than some bizarre stereotype.
    Maybe he's comparing all the women of the world to his wife who apparently doesn't like Ubuntu. He may think that he's doing the rest of the world a favor by making a completely new distro for his wife... who knows, maybe it'll be popular?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Moran View Post
    Ivan, you've guessed me fairly welll as I only finalised my first ever usplash theme (that I started work on on Saturday) this morning. It is for another distribution and it really is a coincidence that you mentioned it, so stay in touch and I will do what I can to assist. I live on GMT+8 and am generally here most of the day between around 6am and 8pm (midnight and 14:00 your time) 7 days a week, so let me know when and how I can help and I will do my best, no charge as usual because I'm already stony broke so let's save money.
    Hi Sean
    thanks for your help try to create new graphic with the name SHEBUNTU or UBUNTU SHE or Linux She and let me see your work my friend Ivan

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by renkinjutsu View Post
    Maybe he's comparing all the women of the world to his wife who apparently doesn't like Ubuntu. He may think that he's doing the rest of the world a favor by making a completely new distro for his wife... who knows, maybe it'll be popular?
    eheheh My friend thanks for your message I wanna only help the community and maybe why not help my wife to approach at Linux with this new version!
    But trust me if like to my wife probably like at much women! I think it is a good idea
    Last edited by ivan.serra; September 29th, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

facepalm.jpg
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast