Thread: Ubuntu freezes a lot in my Aspire 5602

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ubuntu freezes a lot in my Aspire 5602

Hello, I installed Ubuntu 9.04 (bye bye windows ) in my Aspire 5602 (i know, its not a new laptop hehe) and i want to adjust everything. Well, these are my problems:

>>Bright indicator blinks suddenly
    >>Windows freeze suddenly for a few seconds, meanwhile, i just can move the mouse
    >>My downloads just reach the half of my max speed
    >>Ubuntu detects two processors instead of one

Maybe its a drivers thing, so, if somebody emigrated its aspire 5602 to ubuntu 9.04 from windows, please let me know what to do, ill appreciate it.

Also, if it isnt that and somebody wants to tell where i should start to check if ubuntu configured my aspire in the right way, ill appreciate that too

Thanks people, a lot of beans =P hehe

ACER ASPIRE 5602

>>Intel Core Duo processor 1.66 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB
    >>Mobile Intel 945 GM Express chipset
    >>Inte PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection
    Last edited by jc-sama; September 29th, 2009 at 06:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ubuntu freezes a lot in my Aspire 5602

Quote Originally Posted by jc-sama View Post
    Hello, I installed Ubuntu 9.04 (bye bye windows ) in my Aspire 5602 (i know, its not a new laptop hehe) and i want to adjust everything. Well, these are my problems:

>>Bright indicator blinks suddenly
    >>Windows freeze suddenly for a few seconds, meanwhile, i just can move the mouse

Maybe its a drivers thing, so, if somebody emigrated its aspire 5602 to ubuntu 9.04 from windows, please let me know what to do, ill appreciate it.

Also, if it isnt that and somebody wants to tell where i should start to check if ubuntu configured my aspire in the right way, ill appreciate that too

Thanks people, a lot of beans =P hehe
    Hi and welcome, it appears that system has the ATI graphics. Have you installed the drivers for the ati graphics?
    What version of Ubuntu are you using as in 32bit or 64bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Ubuntu freezes a lot in my Aspire 5602

Hello overdrank, thanks for read my message. Well, i downloaded the 32bits ubuntu. My aspire doesn't have an ati and now that you mentioned it, i forgot a little description of my laptop, sorry , here it is:

ACER ASPIRE 5602

>>Intel Core Duo processor 1.66 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB
    >>Mobile Intel 945 GM Express chipset
    >>Inte PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection

i think that those are the most important. I dont think that i had installed any driver to graphics, im still working with the ubuntu's default system configuration, im using the drivers that Ubuntu installed, so... maybe ill need to install something.

I hope that this info gives you a clue to help me, but if i am a hopeless case =P hehe, thanks anyway, i appreciate the attention.

Thanks people, a lot of beans =P
    Last edited by jc-sama; September 29th, 2009 at 01:50 PM.