Thread: Acer Aspire one - lost panel can't access terminal

Beans

Acer Aspire one - lost panel can't access terminal

Hello
    I'm by no means a experienced user, but I usually have more knowledge then my friends(been using Kubuntu for half a year or so), I'm from time to time being asked to help them.

I have a friend who's having a Acer Aspire One with Ubuntu netbook remix (I think it is).

For the convenience I thought to set the windows and panels to "classic mode" from all apps being full screened.

When I logged out and in all panels were gone and I can't access the terminal/run using alt+F2 or meta+F2 (that is the house I presume)
    There are no window decorations so I presume there's something missing like a window manager, but without access to the terminal I'm not sure what to do.

I have no to little experience with Gnome and really would like to sort this whole deal out, as I broke my friends computer :S
    Last edited by Pat Benson; September 28th, 2009 at 09:02 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Acer Aspire one - lost panel can't access terminal

Link: Help Vampires? * * * Please Edit First Post Title With "[SOLVED]" When It Is!
    MANDATORY INFORMATION: make, model/build number, OSes, software, accessories
    /customizations/modifications/peripherals/etc...and a DETAILED account of difficulties!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LewRockwell View Post
    Cheers mate managed to solve it (and look less as a fool before my friend )

/Pat

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Cheerios!

Great!

Link: Help Vampires? * * * Please Edit First Post Title With "[SOLVED]" When It Is!
    MANDATORY INFORMATION: make, model/build number, OSes, software, accessories
    /customizations/modifications/peripherals/etc...and a DETAILED account of difficulties!