Thread: Jaunty 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Post Jaunty 9.04

I am a new user to ubuntu i have two questions ,please resolve them.

1.i have installed ubuntu 9.04 through wubi ,have you ever experienced disk problems after copying files from ntfs partitions to ext3 or vice versa ? this happened to me since i observed "fsck" requirement on boot also after performing "fsck" my disk went slow and disk gave "chuck" sound and system hanged while copying files through other operating system from this HDD to other HDD.
    -good news is after giving a full disk wipe on this disk(ubuntu) it worked as normal but gave a fear of loosing the disk installing ubuntu again maybe "ntfs-3g" have bugs.

2.How to disable autorun of blank cds ie while burning cds through nero 3 a dialog appears asking for action to perform onto cd and ejects out the cd immediately when you cancel the dialog hence, ruin the cd as burning was taking on ?

System: -intel E64T,dualcore2 2.20 ghz
    -jaunty amd64bit
    -seagate baracuda 7200.7 80gb

Beans
    Distro

ext3-jaunty

1.i have installed ubuntu 9.04 through wubi ,have you ever experienced disk problems after copying files from ntfs partitions to ext3 or vice versa ? this happened to me since i observed "fsck" requirement on boot also after performing "fsck" my disk went slow and disk gave "chuck" sound and system hanged while copying files through other operating system from this HDD to other HDD.
    -good news is after giving a full disk wipe on this disk(ubuntu) it worked as normal but gave a fear of loosing the disk installing ubuntu again maybe "ntfs-3g" have bugs.

2.How to disable autorun of blank cds ie while burning cds through nero 3 a dialog appears asking for action to perform onto cd and ejects out the cd immediately when you cancel the dialog hence, ruin the cd as burning was taking on ?

-jaunty amd64bit

Beans
    Distro

Post ext3-jaunty

-jaunty amd64bit

Beans
    Distro

Post jaunty-ext3-ntfs 3g

-jaunty amd64bit

Beans

Re: Jaunty 9.04

1) better try normal install.
    ...maybe "ntfs-3g" have bugs
    Yes but for sure not so critical ones.

4)Nero 4 for Linux is out try it out still I am not nero user.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: jaunty-ext3-ntfs 3g

I think this needs to be moved to the appropriate "Help Section".
    "All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward."
    Ellen Glasgow

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: jaunty-ext3-ntfs 3g

Quote Originally Posted by linkingeek View Post

-jaunty amd64bit
    Open your home folder, then go to edit>preferences. Go to media tab. Towards the bottom you will see DVD audio. From the pull down menu, change it to blank cd. Then below it, change action to do nothing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Jaunty 9.04

Please do not create multiple threads on the same issue. Threads merged.