Thread: Poor graphic on Asus Eee PC 1101HA

Beans

[SOLVED] Poor graphic on Asus Eee PC 1101HA

Hi,
    first of all sorry for my English, which is not as good as I would like it to be
    I a few days ago I bought Asus 1101HA, and the first thing that i done was to delete Windows and put Jaunty Jackalope instead I'm happy with my Ubuntu now, but there is one big problem.
    I noticed, that I'm unable to watch movies - normal, regular films in .avi, not iv very good resolutions are not playing well - I don't know exactly how to say it in English, but everything is slower and poor I tried it both in Totem and in SMplayer. Of course I've got ubuntu-restricted extras installed.
    The next two things that I noticed and which I think are connected with that is that when I'm scrolling down any (even the simplest) webpage, like regular forum with my circle (?) in mouse, it is also not running as fluently (?) as I is supposed to. And I'm also unable to turn on Compiz which as far as I know i supposed to work on this netbook. When I'm turning it on I get the message "Desktop effects could not be turned on"
    Ufff, that is the end of my long story I hope you will find it interesting and help mi to solve my problem

OK, some update:
    I tried to install Poulsbo (GMA500) Support just like it is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...eoCardsPoulsbo, but after installing it and restart I get this message:

Code:
    Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode

The following eerror was encountered. You may need to update your configuration to solve this.

(EE) PSB(0): the stolenBase is:0x3f800000
    (EE) PSB(0): screnIndex is:0;fbPhys is:0x3f800000;fbsize is:0x007bf000
    (EE) PSB(0): First SDVO output reported failure to sync or input is not trainded!!!
    (EE) [drm] drmOpen failed.
    (EE) PSB(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
    (EE) [drm] Could not uninstall irq handler.
    (EE) PSB(0): This driver currently needs DRM to operate.
    So now I completly don't know what to do :/

EDIT 2:

OK, it's working
    I just did this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1229345
    Last edited by pumex1990; September 25th, 2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: solved