Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scripture Memorisation

Beans

Re: Scripture Memorisation

Brief status update: I've made good progress so far - the Add/Edit tab is up and running; I'm just beginning work on the Learning tab. At this rate I hope to have a basic alpha release at some point in the next 7-10 days \o/

Beans

Another status update: The learning tab is about 90% complete. All things being equal, I hope to get that up to 100% tomorrow, and I'll release an alpha version without the quiz tab. Testers will be welcome

Beans

OK - version 0.01 of the newly named "Whetstone" is out.

http://www.jedimoose.org/whetstone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by benthorp View Post
    OK - version 0.01 of the newly named "Whetstone" is out.

http://www.jedimoose.org/whetstone
    Thanks for the work you have done. I have been using Biblememorizer and e-sword scripture memory tool for quite a while. It sounds like what you are doing has a few things in common with the scripture memory tool in e-sword, with the improvement of controling the learning style more. That's great.
    I have not been able to get it to work, and I think it is because I cannot get pysqlite2. It does not seem to be in the repositories.
    I would like to keep testing.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cmckdub View Post
    I have not been able to get it to work, and I think it is because I cannot get pysqlite2. It does not seem to be in the repositories.
    I would like to keep testing.
    The package you're looking for is called python-pysqlite2 and should be in the standard Ubuntu repositories: http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/python-pysqlite2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks Benthorp.
    Your application has lots of interesting features for memorising the Bible. That is great.
    2 problems I am having...
    1. When I had added a few verses into a new category, it stopped allowing me to add more. The add button had become and update button, as the attached screen shot shows (whetstone-addv).

2. When I am in the Learn tab, the attached screenshot (whetstone-learn-cal) shows the calendar, and some attempts at planners, but I do not seem to be able to make it test the new category I have created.

I wonder what I am doing wrong.
    Thanks again for your great work Benthorp.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cmckdub View Post
    1. When I had added a few verses into a new category, it stopped allowing me to add more. The add button had become and update button,
    The Add button becomes an Update button when it thinks that you're editing an existing verse. Try using the clear button to clear the form (and should return the button to an Add state) and then adding the verse again.

2. When I am in the Learn tab, the attached screenshot (whetstone-learn-cal) shows the calendar, and some attempts at planners, but I do not seem to be able to make it test the new category I have created.
    Hmmm - not sure about this one. I'll take a look and see if I can replicate the problem. Try and restart the application and see if that makes a difference (just in case the planner section is not updating it's list of categories properly from the DB).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by benthorp
    Hmmm - not sure about this one. I'll take a look and see if I can replicate the problem. Try and restart the application and see if that makes a difference (just in case the planner section is not updating it's list of categories properly from the DB).
    There do appear to be a couple of problems with the initial planner creation and loading of the verses - I'll see if I can iron out these bugs for the 0.02 release, which I'm hoping to get out in the next week or so.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

nice program from what i can see and since its python im already happy for it!! i will be looking forward to a more stable release...
    Ubuntu Christian Edition chat on irc at server: OFTC/channel: #ubuntuCE
    BootInfoScript DualBooting
    Grub Grub2 MBR/GRUB
    Boot Info Script courtesy of community member meierfra and ghulselmans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Looks interesting.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast